Bands you miss

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
Wow you are even older than dirt.....lol....one of my favorites was always Jethro Tull....seen them in the 70's, 80's, 90's and a few months ago in Philadelphia at the Mann theater Sept. 2018. They have tour dates scheduled in 2019.
Tull is great. Ian can’t hit the high notes anymore, but he puts on a great show.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Alice Cooper would be another. Not sure if he is still touring, but saw him a few years ago and he still put on a great show, with the guillotine etc.

White Zombie is another big one that I miss, saw them a few times back in the 90s, one was with Pantera.

Can't forget Tom Petty either, saw him back for the Wildflowers era, and it blew me away.

04MysticCobra

Established Member
Tull is great. Ian can’t hit the high notes anymore, but he puts on a great show.

Yes his throat issues go back a long way. His vocals are pretty much muted now but he still is the same show guy and has an excellent band behind him. I watched him in his prime back in the 70's and when I went to the show in Sep 2018 it is more like remembering his good times but the show was still great. I just read on their site the other day that JT is scheduled for some US tour shows in 2019. Easily one of my all time favorites and Aqualung is golden.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Himsa
Scars of Tomorrow

I was gonna put Himsa down but didnt think anyone really knew who they were. Summon in Thunder was a great album! A friend of mine's husband is good friends with the lead singer, I think they work together at a venue in Seattle. I asked if they had said anything about getting back together but unfortuantely the answer was no.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I listened to them a long, long time ago. I went through that phase. lol
Them along Bleeding Through, Every Time I Die, and others.

I caught them on the back end when I heard Seminol on the local college radio and then picked up their last album, but always thought they were just a well known local band.

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
I miss the original Blink 182. It was a staple of my childhood basically. When Tom ran off, it kind of went to crap. The new stuff is meh.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
I miss the original Blink 182. It was a staple of my childhood basically. When Tom ran off, it kind of went to crap. The new stuff is meh.
You mean, Alkaline 182 isnt your cup of tea? Dont get me wrong, I love Alkaline Trio and Matt Skiba. But Blink ... yeah Tom made Blink just work.

Users who are viewing this thread