bamma cammed tune?

williesgt

Established Member
anyone running the new revised bamma cammed tune...if so how does it sound...they just emailed my files to me but i have to wait untill i get home to put them in the car...i will try to get videos of the idle and post them up

Slegos888

Established Member
Was the cammed tune an option on the tune order form or did you have to speak directly with a rep to get it? I just got my new files but didnt see it as an option, I put a request in the comment portion but idk if they saw that. How can you tell its a cam tune without loading the tune? Is it named different?

williesgt

Established Member
it will say something like 93r-cammed...i just put it in the comment section...they are only doing it with manual trans cars with offroad exhaust right now

bob450

Established Member
i have the bama ghost tune since two weeks and i like it:banana::banana:

my neighborhood maybe not:lol:

that is why i choose to not run ghost tune on a daly base:cryying:

a+:pepper::pepper:

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
Let's see some vid's. I'm going with AED but I would like to hear what BAMA has done.

SicShelby09

Banned
anyone running the new revised bamma cammed tune...if so how does it sound...they just emailed my files to me but i have to wait untill i get home to put them in the car...i will try to get videos of the idle and post them up

Bama making lope idle tunes after they threw up their hands when they couldn't make the stolen lund lope tune work.......... FACEPALM Now they are selling them after they explicitly said they would not. :rollseyes

double-facepalm.jpg

williesgt

Established Member
Bama making lope idle tunes after they threw up their hands when they couldn't make the stolen lund lope tune work.......... FACEPALM Now they are selling them after they explicitly said they would not. :rollseyes

double-facepalm.jpg

but they sound good...also let me know what tune i am running at that time

03lofront

another wannabe ....
Established Member
A friend of mine has the new bama cam tune. Maybe its his exhaust setup or something but it sounds horrible. To me it sounds like an old chevy 305 with no timing in the motor and its idled down to 450 rpm to make it sound like its loping. The car doesnt sound like it has cams....it sounds like something is wrong with the car. Just my 2 cents......but like i said it could be his exhaust also bc it sounded horrible before the cam tune lmao. Another friend has the aed cam tune it sounds really good, and i have the lund cam tune and i love it. Just never been a fan of bama. Everyone i know personally goes alot slower with their tunes. They spend a lil money for the good stuff ie. Lund, aed, vmp, and they never look back.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

double-facepalm.jpg

hahahaha, didnt they also tell customers after that they were pulling that tune cause it had issues an stopped using the lope tune

stang8psi

Established Member
AM suound like a direct copy of Lunds??? just going on the sound of it! Also I feel like AM will sell anything that the market of people are doing or someone else is buying just to be the kid on the block to say oh oh me too me too...

Willie2

Established Member
Premium Member
does the lope/ghost cam tune add any power? I've been searching and came to the conclusion it doesn't but why? Physcially changing cams adds power, why doesn't this?

redfirepearlgt

SIT BACK AND HANG ON !!!
Established Member
does the lope/ghost cam tune add any power? I've been searching and came to the conclusion it doesn't but why? Physcially changing cams adds power, why doesn't this?

It is merely for sound and presentation. VCT is being altered to create the lope sound at low RPM as I understand it. This is why some may refer to it as a phantom or ghost idle/tune. It's kind've like a push up bra. Looks great but...no actual gain. LOL! Not knocking either one, both sound or look great but when the rubber meets the road.........nothing to really show for it.

Last edited:

injfuel

broke parts again
Established Member
Cams

Seems to me the cam profile is aggressive hence the 412hp factory, in my opinion ford adjusted the tuning to have good idle quality and your already benefitting from the cam profile you just can't hear what they can actually sound like. The tuners are using the Tivct to access the sound just like ford did to make a smooth idle while still being able to have can profiles to make serious horsepower with very little cubic inch. I would like to know the centerline On our factory cam specs ???

Users who are viewing this thread