BAMA limited warranty on tuning

FastRedPonyCar

Powered by Cuisinart
Established Member
How could you prove it was the tune that caused it?

good question but it seems as if several dealerships seem to have put their foot down on numerous #8 failures.

Other dealers have been ok with it and done the work as warranty fix.

I'm willing to bet that because there haven't been any #8 failures on stock tunes, that could have something to do with it.

Screw-Rice

I like BBC
Established Member
Wow. I have been on the fence about buying a new GT. Reason being is I don't want to leave it stock, but worried about a #8 failure. AM may have caused me to get a new GT, and use them for my tuning.

AMChrisRose

To answer a few of the questions above... yes, this is for a hardware purchase only. If you purchase a tuner with Bama tunes, we will cover it under warranty. This also includes CAI/Tuner packages, as well. We are working on possibly offering this soon for those who just want to buy the 3 tunes, but the stipulation would be that they cannot have run any other tunes previously. This would apply to someone who has a tuner and traded their previous Mustang for a 2011, etc. This would not apply for someone currently running a tune from elsewhere.

As for who determines whether or not the tune caused the failure, that's for the original manufacture to determine. If they say that it was due to a Bama custom tune, then you will turn to us and our warranty claim form.

Hope this helps!

SicShelby09

Banned
To answer a few of the questions above... yes, this is for a hardware purchase only. If you purchase a tuner with Bama tunes, we will cover it under warranty. This also includes CAI/Tuner packages, as well. We are working on possibly offering this soon for those who just want to buy the 3 tunes, but the stipulation would be that they cannot have run any other tunes previously. This would apply to someone who has a tuner and traded their previous Mustang for a 2011, etc. This would not apply for someone currently running a tune from elsewhere.

As for who determines whether or not the tune caused the failure, that's for the original manufacture to determine. If they say that it was due to a Bama custom tune, then you will turn to us and our warranty claim form.

Hope this helps!

Glad you said this. Otherwise I would be out. I already have an SF3 from my GT500. I was planning on getting the firmware updated then ordering the three tune pkg from you guys. Also, whats the status on the cam tune??

dro

Stock 5.0 w/ mods > *
Established Member
Guess i'm out. I'll stick with my current tune as i already have a handheld...

AMChrisRose

Cammed tune isn't going to happen. We've stopped actively pursuing it because of driveability issues and possible patent conflicts.

As for the free tunes for life purchase, we're working on making this option available, though it would still be void if you've had previous tunes on the car. So if you're using a tuner from your old car, that's fine. If you had a tuner from a competitor, and want to switch to us, we'll never be able to officially offer a formal warranty to you. I hope everyone understands.

There's multiple threads across message boards right now where a tuner is catching the blame for a cylinder 8 issue after the OP ran 3 tunes total.

cjm1261

Bama Tunes/Americanmuscle.com was probably going to get my business anyways haha.... but this helps a lot probably wont consider much else when i finally save up for my tune ;) Good news!

DetTigers

Established Member
Cammed tune isn't going to happen. We've stopped actively pursuing it because of driveability issues and possible patent conflicts.

As for the free tunes for life purchase, we're working on making this option available, though it would still be void if you've had previous tunes on the car. So if you're using a tuner from your old car, that's fine. If you had a tuner from a competitor, and want to switch to us, we'll never be able to officially offer a formal warranty to you. I hope everyone understands.

Chris-

Please let us know when you guys start including the warranty with the free tunes for life. I just picked up my new Mustang and already have the tuner. To be honest I was going to go with another tune but I can't pass up the peace of mind a warranty offers. I only have 150 miles on the car and I'm already yearning for more!

AMChrisRose

We're working on this, and going to be able to offer this sometime in the next week or so.

Again, this will NOT cover someone who has previously run other tunes. This will be convenient for someone who purchased a new Mustang and already owns a programmer.

Should be official maybe by end of this week?

DetTigers

Established Member
We're working on this, and going to be able to offer this sometime in the next week or so.

Again, this will NOT cover someone who has previously run other tunes. This will be convenient for someone who purchased a new Mustang and already owns a programmer.

Should be official maybe by end of this week?

GREAT news Chris, thanks!

Last edited:

JL-KA

Established Member
Am I reading correctly? If I buy a used Mustang that's already out of the factory 3yr/36k bumper-bumper the warranty will not be offered. Correct or no?

Users who are viewing this thread