BAMA limited warranty on tuning

mus99gt

Established Member
I hope my engine does not die, but glad now that they will warranty it. Thanks American Muscle and Chris Rose.

AMChrisRose

Probably stock settings with increased throttle response.

This doesn't change anything about the tunes, whatsoever. We will be sending out our Bama tunes the same way we sent them out last week, last month, etc. They are safe, yet powerful custom tunes. We just saw the need to extend a formal warranty to those who are nervous about experiencing problems with their purchase.

AMChrisRose

+1

After reading the legal mumbo jumbo Id like to hear a couple different real world scenarios on how this will work from beginning to end though.

The warranty is pretty straight forward. It covers cylinder #8 problems for Bama customers. If you read through, it will tell you how much we will replace, at what cost, etc.

CPRsm

Chris, you guys going to completely lock the tunes ? I hope so for your sake lol. I mean, hate for some knuckle head to add timing your tune and you eat it.

DTRAIN_WV

Established Member
Ordered a Lund "cammed" tune a while back, but my first tune was a Bama tune through AM and I had no problems at all.

Any questions I had were a phone call away and I had no problem getting a hold of one of the guys.

I hope other tuners catch on to this. Bama/AM did NOT have to do this.

This is customer service at its best and why I still order most of my stuff through AM. Now, if you had an off-road H-Pipe for me, I'd throw more money your way :rockon:

Last edited:

SicShelby09

Banned
The warranty is pretty straight forward. It covers cylinder #8 problems for Bama customers. If you read through, it will tell you how much we will replace, at what cost, etc.

Chris. What is your opinion on running a 91 octane tune and running 93 octane gas. Here in the midwest we have pretty decent 93. But Im thinking that running a 91 octane tune and still running the 93 will mean morepower but ultra safe over the stock tune. Would doing this be advisable, even over kill? Or is there some hidden reason why you would not recommend this? Just a though.

AMChrisRose

Chris, you guys going to completely lock the tunes ? I hope so for your sake lol. I mean, hate for some knuckle head to add timing your tune and you eat it.

We have in the warranty that the PCM must be sent back to us for examination, and as well it states that the warranty is void if you use a modified version of the Bama tune, ie. added timing, leaned out, etc.

We lock these adjustments out when we send out tunes, anyway. We make it so that they can adjust the basics, but they can call Bama at any time and we'll adjust the tune as they'd like. LOL, but yes - I see where this could become a huge issue, otherwise! :beer:

AMChrisRose

Will BAMA work with people if they want to run a little richer though?

Yes. They should always datalog the tunes (with the factory widebands) and I think they'll be happy with the air/fuel ratio, anyway. We command anywhere from 12.0-12.81, depending on mods, tune type, etc. These are very safe air/fuel ratios, and no modification should be needed. They should call us to make these modifications, though - not via Adjustable Options on the device - which would void this warranty. Hope that makes sense!

Users who are viewing this thread