BADCOBRA vs. '14 GTR

earico

It's 4:20 somewhere...
Established Member
Dyno is very generous. With those mods and E85 they typically dyno 580-600awhp. You are not making 650 legit rwhp with stock turbos. Stock cars dyno 415-465 depending on year and other variables.

Most guys give GTR numbers based on stingy Mustang dynos. You dyno one on a Dynojet (which for most is the RWD standard) and you will see 630-650.

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Most guys give GTR numbers based on stingy Mustang dynos. You dyno one on a Dynojet (which for most is the RWD standard) and you will see 630-650.

A dyno is nothing more than a tuning tool. Numbers can be altered to show anything a tuner desires to sell their products or tunes simply by changing correction factors etc...Trap speed is the real power indicator that cannot be changed to sell products.

I have seen "hero" runs in the 630 range but they are not the norm.

Last edited:

earico

Established Member
A dyno is nothing more than a tuning tool. Numbers can be altered to show anything a tuner desires to sell their products or tunes simply by changing correction factors etc...Trap speed is the real power indicator that cannot be changed to sell products.

We all know that. The doubt was it put down 650. I simply said it will put down 650 on a Dynojet.....even on one that is not fudged to show higher HP.

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
Dyno is very generous. With those mods and E85 they typically dyno 580-600awhp. You are not making 650 legit rwhp with stock turbos. Stock cars dyno 415-465 depending on year and other variables.

backpedal.gif

perfect form....

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
We all know that. The doubt was it put down 650. I simply said it will put down 650 on a Dynojet.....even on one that is not fudged to show higher HP.

Can you show proof of that? Alpha 9 cars on 93 only make 675 or so on pump gas. I'm not calling you out, just have never seen it regardless of dyno and I've researched these cars for the past 6 months in regards to mods, maintenance, reliability you name it.

I frequent Gtrlife and most I've seen was 630 and people were surprised by that and it was 1 car. I love the cars and will own one by the end of the year but I don't expect 650awhp with boltons.

Last edited:

TheHitman™

Established Member
Can you show proof of that? Alpha 9 cars on 93 only make 675 or so on pump gas. I'm not calling you out, just have never seen it regardless of dyno and I've researched these cars for the past 6 months in regards to mods, maintenance, reliability you name it.

I frequent Gtrlife and most I've seen was 630 and people were surprised by that and it was 1 car. I love the cars and will own one by the end of the year but I don't expect 650awhp with boltons.

I gotta agree with big reg. Full bolt on E85 cars are seeing 600whp on average from dynos across the board and that includes dynojet numbers as well. They usually trap about 135mph ish.

earico

Established Member

http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic...miles-tsm-built-and-tuned-652whp691wtq-79900/

Yes it all depends on calibration. Cars that I have seen with the front driveshaft removed dynoing on a 2WD Dynojet will dyno the 630-650 as I stated. I am trying to relate GTR dyno numbers back to the same dyno that their competition is using. Everyone has always bitched and moaned about how can a car weighing 3,850 lbs with only 580 awhp was trapping 135 mph. If you want we can continue to argue back and forth just for the sake of arguing. It's loads of fun :bored:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
http://www.gtrlife.com/forums/topic...miles-tsm-built-and-tuned-652whp691wtq-79900/

Yes it all depends on calibration. Cars that I have seen with the front driveshaft removed dynoing on a 2WD Dynojet will dyno the 630-650 as I stated. I am trying to relate GTR dyno numbers back to the same dyno that their competition is using. Everyone has always bitched and moaned about how can a car weighing 3,850 lbs with only 580 awhp was trapping 135 mph. If you want we can continue to argue back and forth just for the sake of arguing. It's loads of fun :bored:
Now we are not debating the same thing. I listed awhp and you are referring to a 2wd dyno run. Once the car hits the street, it dynos the norm Hitman and I stated as it is an AWD car. No point to keep going off topic. :beer:

Last edited:

earico

Established Member
Now we are not debating the same thing. I listed awhp and you are referring to a 2wd dyno run. Once the car hits the street, it dynos the norm Hitman and I stated as it is an AWD car. No point to keep going off topic.

Let me paste what you said below in case you forgot.

I posted a graph of a 650 whp GTR on stock turbos at your request. Now what?

Last edited:

big reg

Gets his shit pushed in
Established Member
Let me paste what you said below in case you forgot.

I posted a graph of a 650 whp GTR on stock turbos at your request. Now what?
lmfao, look just above the highlighted part. It clearly stated what I meant and most knew even another GTR owner agrees. Rwhp was a typo on my part. 1 GTR dynos 650 when run in 2wd on a dyno. And really with the now what?

Gravik

Established Member

Owner of that car posted this as well:

"stock motor. The dyno is Topspeed's dynojet which reads higher than the Mustang Dyno's. 650whp on topspeeds dyno is roughly 580-590whp on a Mustang dyno. "

earico

Established Member
Owner of that car posted this as well:

"stock motor. The dyno is Topspeed's dynojet which reads higher than the Mustang Dyno's. 650whp on topspeeds dyno is roughly 580-590whp on a Mustang dyno. "

Which is exactly what I said too. For some reason we just want to argue anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread