BADCOBRA vs. '14 GTR

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Raced a modded up '14 GTR last night. I'll be honest I don't know squat about GTR's and what mods make what power. All I know is this guy has one of those 1500HP UGR Lambos too and doesn't F around. Losing is not in his vocabulary. I'll attach an engine shot shortly, maybe one of the GTR guys can tell what it's potential is.

Anyway, this was my first race with the TH400 and I don't really know the sweet spot yet. I think going a little slower and starting in 1st gear would have been better than 2nd, but it was only mid 50's out so not sure how it would have hooked. I'll figure it out in short time though. Oh, I was on 20 lbs boost also, definitely not full tilt. I reeled him in and we ran out of road right when I was about to go around him. Was fun and I look for a different result next time.

[video=youtube;P2Y1lnitX0c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2Y1lnitX0c[/video]

MTBSully

Established Member
damn you were about to pull him HARD. Seems like the results will be much different when you get the tranny all figured out.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Nice run badcobra! Your car is badass! Pulling on him hard!

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Thanks all. Here is the pic of said GTR engine. Sure is a pretty frigging sweet car I must say.

IMG_20140505_203357_zpsfvgwnh7h.jpg

srt10ram

The Little 2v That Could
Established Member
Damn, looks as though it would've been a few car lengths if y'all ran it out for a little longer. I say start at a little higher mph, brake boost, and you've got him easily. But who knows he might not be near "full-tilt" either.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Was definitely brake boosting. Just have laggy big turbos. We'll fix that for next year, but I'll be rolling with old skewl 67's for one more season.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Fast cars!!! Was this a three way race?
Good catch, there was a 3rd car. I think it's a 68 Camaro and is a turbo LSx car. Car is immaculate and a top notch BEAUTIFUL build, one of the local shop's cars. His downfall, he was only on 12lbs and regular radials. He's going to have to do something with his tire situation and turn that shit up. I think we left him bus lengths behind, but I'm not 100% sure.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
Yeah pretty short honks and he definitely controlled the start, but oh well I'm not crying foul or anything. Hopefully we can get another run in soon before he sends his car off for more power because that will likely happen lol.

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
So my buddy did some internet sleuthing and it looks like it's a Switzer P800 package. Looks just like the pic of the engine I posted above. I guess I'm pretty happy I was able to catch up after getting such a bad start considering the performance capability of the GTR with this package.

switzer-performance-p800-nissan-gt-r_100310234_l.jpg

http://switzerperformance.com/switzer-nissan-p800

Switzer ball-bearing turbocharger upgrades
High-pressure wastegate actuators
High-flow intake assembly
Switzer MONSTER intercoolers
Switzer high-flow test pipes (down pipes)
High-flow fuel injectors
Switzer fuel system upgrades
Switzer racing thermostat and housing

*Required for P800 but not included
Switzer SS90 lightweight stainless steel 90mm sport exhaust
Cobb AccessPort (w/ trans. control)

*Upgrade options also available
Switzer transmission cooling package
Switzer engine cooling package
Switzer GR6 trans. upgrade
Switzer stage 1 engine upgrade

TheHitman™

Established Member
So my buddy did some internet sleuthing and it looks like it's a Switzer P800 package. Looks just like the pic of the engine I posted above. I guess I'm pretty happy I was able to catch up after getting such a bad start considering the performance capability of the GTR with this package.

switzer-performance-p800-nissan-gt-r_100310234_l.jpg

http://switzerperformance.com/switzer-nissan-p800

Switzer ball-bearing turbocharger upgrades
High-pressure wastegate actuators
High-flow intake assembly
Switzer MONSTER intercoolers
Switzer high-flow test pipes (down pipes)
High-flow fuel injectors
Switzer fuel system upgrades
Switzer racing thermostat and housing

*Required for P800 but not included
Switzer SS90 lightweight stainless steel 90mm sport exhaust
Cobb AccessPort (w/ trans. control)

*Upgrade options also available
Switzer transmission cooling package
Switzer engine cooling package
Switzer GR6 trans. upgrade
Switzer stage 1 engine upgrade

Dude that could be any form of intercooler piping. There are GT-Rs that make 900whp with engine bays that look more stock than that. It's not all the bling on top but what's inside that counts. ;)

But looking at the coupler that is a Switzer logo on the coupler. If it is a P800 it's probably making 650-700whp depending on what type of fuel it's using (91 or 93 octane).

Last edited:

ThomasL

Established Member
Maybe i'm in the minority as far as this site goes, but i LOVE the GTR. Only reason i say that is it seems to get slammed more often than praised here. Eyeing one as my next ride. With that said, your car is a monster. You were pulling up on him hard no doubt. Nice vid.

Users who are viewing this thread