BADASS day in the 03 (pics)

stang2supra

Established Member
Just a thread about a great day I had in my 03 Cobra. I figured this board needs more positive messages out from the owners.. :)

Pictures down below, but please read first.

Me and a couple buddies of mine decided to cruise to Newport Beach/Laguna Beach for some spirited driving and grab lunch. It was me in my 03, and 2 close friends of mine, both owners of Silver BPU Supra's. We took 133 South (from Irvine) to PCH and up until Crystal Cove for any of you locals. The whole time on the road, the Supra's were constantly in WOT to keep up with the beast due to it's instant power.. Gotta love that TORQUE :bowdown:

After a relaxing lunch, we headed back to meet another friend of ours (also a Supra owner) and took the backroads. All 3 of our cars lined up at a light. While waiting for the green, a guy driving in a van through the intersection stuck half his upper body out of the window and yelled at the top of his lungs. "GO AMERICA, SMOKE THEM!!!!! YEAH!!!!!" Obviously, I couldn't let this opportunity go to waste..

It was uphill so I gave it about 60% throttle in 1st and slowly gave it more gas through 2nd, finally mashing it in 3rd. I figured my friends knew I wanted to run, but they both said they saw me go and went after me splitseconds later. However, it was far too late as I was GONE and just kept on pulling. Yes, I had a slight headstart. No, I don't care. I'm close enough with these guys to keep talking shit about it anyways. Haha. We'll setup a real race soon enough. More on that later.

We met up at another friend's house (the 3rd Supra owner) and they decided to take pictures. His neighbors, however were much more interested in the 03, asked me a bunch of questions, gave me props etc. Strange, and very unexpected, as they rolled out in a Civic.

Picked up my GF, ate dinner, and on the way home I pulled up to a Chevron. I had my camera on me so I decided to take some shots of my car. First, a middle aged man getting gas complimented me on my car. Then about 10 minutes later, a truck driver from Chevron (see background of pic) compliments me again. After filling up, we pulled out of the parking lot around the same time, so I dropped it into 2nd and gave him a show. :burnout:

I dropped my gf off and decided to head out to the gym. After my workout, the girl at the front desk asked me if I was the owner of the Mustang parked out front. She asked me details and complimented me on the car, she was also a fellow stanger (01+ GT in the same Mineral Gray)..

All throughout the day, I had a blast just romping around town, and received so many compliments.. Averaged 8 miles a gallon and was worth every penny.

I couldn't be happier with my car. Regardless of the squeaks, rattles, ticks, and clunks.. In the end it's all about how much Fun you have, and the TERMINATOR definitely satisfies. For all you guys who have problems, mostly use their cars as daily drivers, and especially those you are thinking of selling it for a more reliable/SLOW vehicle... free up your schedule, pick a time and place, bring a bunch of friends, and put the PEDAL to the MEDAL. I guarantee you that's the fix to all your car troubles. :rockon:

------------------------------------------

03 and Supra ---This picture was taken a week or 2 back..

3 Silver Supras ---Taken at my friends place. Badass picture, shitty quality.

03 at Chevron ---Notice the truck in the background

I apologize for the lack of pictures when we were on the beaches. All 3 of us were too busy flogging our cars.. Next time there will be a better race, more pictures, and possibly some videos.

If any of you local Cobra guys in the OC area want to meet up for photo opps, casual races, or just have an appetite for Supra's (I present to you a Supra buffet, I personally know over 25 Supra owners here in Socal. Watch out though, because some of them will bite back) then let me know. I'm tired of being the only domestic in a crowd of fast Imports. And if any of you see an Army of Supra's and 1 Mineral Gray 03 Cobra, be sure to say hello.

Until next time.. :beer:

John

Past Rides--
96 BMW 328is
00 Mustang GT
93 Supra
93 Supra Turbo
94 Mustang Cobra (FS)

And not a single regret on the newest Snake.

Last edited:

shanker

Cheesecake FTW!
Established Member
Glad you're happy with it. I cant drive mine until the roads clear. It snowed about an inch yesterday. SNOW IS SUCK!

jleews6

Established Member
Nice car.The wheel and tire combo is perfect for the car.What size wheels and tires are they?

KosherCobra

Established Member
Originally posted by jleews6
Nice car.The wheel and tire combo is perfect for the car.What size wheels and tires are they?

I ditto that.

I'm almost postitive that they are HRE, nice front rotors. Sweet ride

Last edited:

VENOMOUS03COBRA

Established Member
great story and just as great pix!!! your car looks great man!! and im not a ricer fan , but the supra is the only one i like , and those are pretty fuggin nice!! :beer:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You've got a Mineral Gray Cobra, right? Nice shine on that baby. Sweet wheel/tire combo, too. :beer:

Sure wish I could be out crusing. Motor is sleeping until my Apten blower arrives and the roads are crappy as hell from the snow and sanding. Spring is only 56 days away! ;-)

Cobra03FLA

Titties & Beer!
Established Member
Sweet ride man! Its true the cobra gets lots of looks and compliments. Last trip out to the track lots of folks were checking her out one guy even took some pictures :thumbsup:

MTI LS1

Those rims are AWESOME (think TommyBoy). Your car looks great. Glad you showed those Supras whose boss!!

Toplesss

Established Member
Good looking car. I actually own the H&R springs that used to be in it. I believe he switched to coil overs? Once again nice looking ride. :beer:

Jman20427

Die Rise
Established Member
Great pics! You need to race those BPU supras. beat them and tell them once and for all that a BPU cobra will beat a BPU Supra :)

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
great story, great pics. Love the Supra's, not a fan of rice but those cars are good looking and fast. glad to hear that you gave them the rear view of your cobra. Love the Mineral Gray, class and style in a metallic paint job. Nice rolling stock as well. Props, thanks for sharing

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
I enjoyed your story,it was great to see the photos. I am always happy to hear about Cobras killing rice. It must be nice to live in S. Cal. , I live in Wisconsin its going to get up to 10 degrees today. The roads are white with salt, Cobras in storage for the winter.

lifter213

Established Member
Sweet picture at the gas station. Car looks awesome :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread