Bad night for a SHELBY

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
You know your in the commonwealth state and all they want is money. Defintely get a lawyer. Worst police force in the country in my opinion. Tickets for everything and they do the max.

Yup and yup. I was arrested one time for walking home from a bar after a friend ditched me. Not doing anything wrong, bothering anyone, causing any trouble or making any noise. Just walking and they picked me up. At the police station the cops kept telling me to just pay the ticket and move on. I was like, yes sir, ok sure. Went to court and fought it, judge dismissed it. Luckily it seems the judges here are pretty reasonable and have some common sense.

Last edited:

buck24

Established Member
Yup and yup. I was arrested one time for walking home from a bar after a friend ditched me. Not doing anything wrong, bothering anyone, causing any trouble or making any noise. Just walking and they picked me up. At the police station the cops kept telling me to just pay the ticket and move on. I was like, yes sir, ok sure. Went to court and fought it, judge dismissed it. Luckily it seems the judges here are pretty reasonable and have some common sense.

Unreal, it seems to be getting worse as well, I know see a camera on fairfax county parkway and it seems there are more cops there than there are commuters. I understand doing something dangerous and reckless and paying the price for it but hitting a deer or just walking along the street, that is out of control. From what I hear MD is just as bad as well when it comes to this sh*t.

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Unreal, it seems to be getting worse as well, I know see a camera on fairfax county parkway and it seems there are more cops there than there are commuters. I understand doing something dangerous and reckless and paying the price for it but hitting a deer or just walking along the street, that is out of control. From what I hear MD is just as bad as well when it comes to this sh*t.

Ha, funny you mention fairfax country parkway. Thats where I got picked up. Walking from Reston Town Center

jfitts23

Established Member
UPDATE:well got a call from the body shop today telling me that there going to update the estimate to $20,000. and there putting in paper work for total. but they said usaa still has to come out and approve the total process. so we'll see. i'm not holding my breath yet.lol

jfitts23

Established Member
you telling me. i'v gotten a few gray hairs the last few months. the whole time for some reason it seemed like the body shop and usaa weren't on the same page. Hopefully it will all done soon.

Sharad

Junior Woodchuck
Established Member
you telling me. i'v gotten a few gray hairs the last few months. the whole time for some reason it seemed like the body shop and usaa weren't on the same page. Hopefully it will all done soon.

Hope so, for the sake of your sanity. Any update on your fox?

jfitts23

Established Member
the fox is a whole nother thing. I filed a BBB complaint just to see if it will get them to finish the job. my fox has been in the shop longer than i have driven it. i'm gonna try and not go to there shop for awhile. i just get mad everytime i do.

Sharad

Junior Woodchuck
Established Member
the fox is a whole nother thing. I filed a BBB complaint just to see if it will get them to finish the job. my fox has been in the shop longer than i have driven it. i'm gonna try and not go to there shop for awhile. i just get mad everytime i do.

Oh man. I'm sorry to hear it. Two cars that are out of commission. That's very frustrating. Been there done that. Well, here's hoping for a speedy response from usaa. :beer:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Filing a complaint here might get their attention more than the BBB:

Virginia Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services

Click on Motor Vehicles then choose the next category that fits your needs. As with the BBB, it is a matter of public record which they probably don't want...bad for business.

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Provided that they are a member. I have found that a lot of the business that specialize in certain areas are not members. Makes no difference to them if you file a complaint or not. Had problems with the sorriest Contractor in Va and come to find out he wasn't even a member of the BBB. Filed a complaint for nothing. Hope things get better for you. Would be nice to start the New Year off with something going your way.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
Hey bud just saw this. Sorry to hear about that accident and hope it all gets sorted out. What shop has your notch?

jfitts23

Established Member
the notch is at American High Performance. there making a little progress but just got a list of more parts that i need to buy.And USAA called and said they are gonna total the gt500. i'm just waiting to hear back from them about the final numbers,the value and such.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
the notch is at American High Performance. there making a little progress but just got a list of more parts that i need to buy.And USAA called and said they are gonna total the gt500. i'm just waiting to hear back from them about the final numbers,the value and such.

That is good to here. Now buy it back, and part it out!!

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member

Sorry you took it to that shop. They changed their name not too long ago because they had such a bad reputation. They used to be called Springfield Motorsports. I'd never go there. Hope it works out for you

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Sorry you took it to that shop. They changed their name not too long ago because they had such a bad reputation. They used to be called Springfield Motorsports. I'd never go there. Hope it works out for you

Springfield Motorsports?

EDIT: Oh ok. Didn't read entire post.

jfitts23

Established Member

ah damn. i should have asked you before. and i was gonna go with excessive first but this place was closer. sometime here im gonna take me some classes for i can learn somestuff myself. tired of waiting on others. i just googled there old name and now im finding stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread