Bad night for a SHELBY

jfitts23

Established Member
well last night going to the gas station i lost control and a pole won. do yall think the car can be repaired or is it totaled? side airbag deployed but not the fronts.

Last edited:

Robertt305

Devil Dog
Established Member
Idk If they can straighten out a unibody like they do with frames....

I would push to have it totaled.... But that's me

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
Hard to tell from that pic, key will be if the unibody is bent.

jfitts23

Established Member
the passenger side door is a little off now when its closed. i can tell you these wooden poles around here are made to last. it was either the pole or oncoming traffic. i hit the pole side ways and it flip me back strait again. sore as can be today.

Last edited:

moncho

Established Member
Glad you didn't get hurt outside of being bruised. Difficult to tell if it's going to be totaled or not until the pros look at it.

Good Luck!
Ray

jfitts23

Established Member
i think the tires were to cold. never got away like that before. i was leaving from a stop hit first then hit secound and lost it. the power is sneeky on this one. guess my skills are not what i thought they were.

Van@RevanRacing

the passenger side door is a little off now when its closed. i can tell you these wooden poles around here are made to last. it was either the pole or oncoming traffic. i hit the pole side ways and it flip me back strait again. sore as can be today.

That sucks man! Glad you are OK. That's all that matters.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
Glad you are OK sorry about your GT500. If you don't mind, what was the air temp, road conditions? Did you have traction control on? What kind of tires? I am just curious because I am still deciding at what point to garage mine.

Last edited:

jfitts23

Established Member
yea bad timing too. my notchback is in the shop getting motor swap done. so i'm car less for now.

jfitts23

Established Member
i think last night it was 40 or 50 out. i still have the factor tires on and warn. so that didn't help. if my notch was done the gt500 would already be put up for the winter too.

megameGT500

Suck it up and drive on!!
Established Member
i think last night it was 40 or 50 out. i still have the factor tires on and warn. so that didn't help. if my notch was done the gt500 would already be put up for the winter too.

Thanks. I hope it works out for you. The important thing is your OK. Keep us updated on what you're going do.

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
Hard to say about the car, but forget that a second...you're lucky to be alive. Many have been killed by a side whiplash/head against the window broken neck. Glad you're ok! Good luck with the car. They can work small miracles these days and as everyone says it will depend on the unibody situation. My gut tells me they will try to fix it. Just a 2-beer SWAG but I'd say you have about $10-12K worth of damage there?

Colleton

Established Member
Well, on the bright side, if the insurance company totals it you're just in time for a 2013...

Glad you're OK, that had to be pretty scary.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Damn that sucks. Glad you ok. An the stock tires suck brand new.

Users who are viewing this thread