Bad night for a SHELBY

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Even with TC on the car is out of control when it's cold. Only think the TC does it make the car break up like it's missing in the cold but the car is all over the road. I was playing around with mine one night. It was 32* out. Coming from Richmond and cruising down the highway at 80 mph, a Charger pulled up beside me and the guy looks at me. He hits it, I went back to 3rd and nailed it. Car started dancing in the back. Back end went to the left then came back and went to the right..

Eased off the gas and the car started getting sideways in the highway. Seen the guardrail through the front windshield and the back of the Charger through the passenger side. Slammed the car in 4th and nailed it. Luckily (thank God) the car came back around and straightened out. Got out of it and pulled to the side of the road. Got out and walked back down the highway. You could see where the car was totally slidding sideways but the marks were light.

After that you can't pay me to cut the fool under 60*. The TC was on the whole time and all the light did was just flash showing the skid marks. Even on a warm day I was all over the road with the stock tires. I have no idea what they are good for but I sold mine. Will never drive the car with them up there unless its a cruise to the dealer for an alignment. Even that goes wrong.

jfitts23

Established Member
yea my traction control was on. i don't think it kicked in though. on top of the reck. they gave me a recless driving ticket. i haven't heard anything yet about the gt500. i guess there still figuring things out.

jfitts23

Established Member
don't know i told them what happened and they gave me the ticket. i got a court date i'm gonna fight it.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Reckless = get a lawyer, period. In VA, it is a 6 point offense and it will remain on your record for 11 (that's right, 11) years. Expect significantly higher insurance rates for those 11 years. Oh, and there is the little thing about the criminal penalties: up to 1 year in jail, 6 month suspended license and a $2,500 fine. If you simply pay the ticket, you are saying you are guilty. Get a lawyer and don't mess around with your freedom and driving priviledge.

I bet the cop wrote you that because he assumed you were driving too fast for the conditions.

Reckless Driving (Felony or Misdemeanor)
•Reckless driving - speeding in excess of 80 mph (11 years)
•Reckless driving - speeding 20 mph or more above the posted speed limit (11 years)
•Reckless driving - racing (11 years)
•Reckless driving - passing or overtaking an emergency vehicle (11 years)
•Reckless driving - passing a school bus (11 years)
•Reckless driving - passing on the crest of a hill (11 years)
•Reckless driving - passing at a railroad crossing (11 years)
•Reckless driving - passing two vehicles abreast (11 years)
•Reckless driving - driving two vehicles abreast (11 years)
•Reckless driving - driving too fast for conditions (11 years)
•Reckless driving - failing to give a proper signal (11 years)
•Reckless driving - faulty brakes/improper control (11 years)
•Reckless driving - on parking lots, etc. (11 years)
•Reckless driving - with an obstructed view (11 years)
•Reckless driving - generally (11 years)
•Speeding 20 mph or more above the posted speed limit (5 years)

Last edited:

jfitts23

Established Member
wow thanks for the info. more money to spend. i just looked on the ticket and it said general rule. now i gotta find a lawyer. so many things going on now.

AlanSVT

Established Member
Good luck bud. I have usaa and they are great. I know a few guys that had there car totaled and they made out pretty good considering. One guy even bought his car back parted it out and made a few more bucks up there. But his car was a lot less damaged then yours.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
yeah, it sucks. sounds like an easy one to beat though, if that helps you feel better...although it isn't my area of practice. good luck.

jfitts23

Established Member
UPDATE: Well went to look at the car at the body shop and it looks the same as it did as the day of the accident. sitting in the back corner of there lot. i'm really getting fustrated nowadays. having issues with the shop thats building my notchback and my gt500 with usaa. the body shop tells me there waiting on usaa because they think it should be totaled, and usaa says its being fixed. (well there computer says that). Just got into a argument with usaa rep because she keeps telling me what her computer says and what my policy is and nothing about what the dealership is telling me. nerves are gone at the moment. just venting.

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Ask for a USAA manager.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

thapr3dat0r

Just the Tip
Established Member
Glad your ok. My condolences.

VA is bad about handing out reckless tickets for accidents. It seems to be a given if you wreck by yourself, your getting a reckless. Motorcycle accidents, they ALWAYS give you a reckless unless another car hit you. I bottom-sided my crotch rocket one time and I got a reckless, went to court and fought it and the judge dismissed it. But getting a lawyer is probably your best bet.

buck24

Established Member
Glad your ok. My condolences.

VA is bad about handing out reckless tickets for accidents. It seems to be a given if you wreck by yourself, your getting a reckless. Motorcycle accidents, they ALWAYS give you a reckless unless another car hit you. I bottom-sided my crotch rocket one time and I got a reckless, went to court and fought it and the judge dismissed it. But getting a lawyer is probably your best bet.

I moved here 2 years ago thinking it would have to be better than NY when it came to this crap, but it seems not, I'll make sure I never break 80 again. Good luck to the OP, hope you get it all figured out.

jfitts23

Established Member
yea. i still have to find a lawyer. i wonder if jag on base will do it for free? i should have took pictures of it yesterday. the body shop took the interior out and was showing me how the floor was buckled all over the place. somewhere there's a miss communication somewhere, between usaa and the body shop. i'll make some more calls monday when both places are open and i can talk to someone incharge at usaa.

jfitts23

Established Member
I moved here 2 years ago thinking it would have to be better than NY when it came to this crap, but it seems not, I'll make sure I never break 80 again. Good luck to the OP, hope you get it all figured out.

we just got here i don't think we have been here 6 months yet. i'm a small town person, but my wife has a great job here. yea i'm surprised i haven't gotten a speeding ticket here yet. I'm going there no mustang withdraw now. and the performance shop thats doing my notchback is not helping the cituation.

Last edited:

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
You know your in the commonwealth state and all they want is money. Defintely get a lawyer. Worst police force in the country in my opinion. Tickets for everything and they do the max. Friend of mine hit a deer and slid off the road while it was snowing. State police pulled onto the scene and reckless driving is what he issued him. Defintely get a lawyer

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
JAG is not going to defend you in State court for free...or at all.

Sent from my iPhone 4S

jfitts23

Established Member
You know your in the commonwealth state and all they want is money. Defintely get a lawyer. Worst police force in the country in my opinion. Tickets for everything and they do the max. Friend of mine hit a deer and slid off the road while it was snowing. State police pulled onto the scene and reckless driving is what he issued him. Defintely get a lawyer

dang thats crazy. ^

any lawyer suggestions for the VA,DC,MD area people. or just hit the yellow pages.

Users who are viewing this thread