Bad news..

XtremeS10

Established Member
So I'm sorry to report the car is down for a long while... during deceleration my coil overs failed and the oil sprayed onto my tires and the car did a 180 and slid to a stop, destroyed two tires and two wheels both on the passenger side, no one was hurt and there wasn't really any body damage, some scrapes, my exhaust bent a little, and both coil overs exploded, the pistons move freely inside the shock housing

breoland

Established Member
Sorry to hear man. thank good no one was hurt. any word on why the coil overs took a crap? im sure there would be some kind of warrenty on them

if you are interested in tires i have a set of et drags and racemasters that are almost new

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I'd be contacting the coilover company and sending them a bill.

XtremeS10

Established Member
It looks like something to do with the tire shake, when I shifted into 3rd the car went into tire shake up and down real bad, I let off the throttle and it seemed just fine the car started to slow but suddenly took a nose dive and thats when the back end threw itself around

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
damn that sucks, at least it was not too badly torn up

XtremeS10

Established Member
I'm not super concerned about getting a warranty or anything out of it, its aftermarket, stuff happens and no one can prove it was one way or another, I'll for sure be sending them to them so they can take a look but I'm not going to be buying off of them any time soon. I can pick up the pieces and rebuild the car, can't always rebuild a life so I'm just happy about that

Kostas

Established Member
Honestly, the only thing i feel sorry about is the fact that you havent enjoyed your car! For over a year now, every thread of yours is about something that broke, or something that dont work, or some wrong part!

You have spent good money on parts, trying to built a badass street/strip car and stil have niether.

Make up your mind of what you want to do with the car, and take it to a shop to get it done.

Doing it yourself only works if you and your friends know what you are doing, and based on your previus posts, niether of you has a clue.

Sorry for coming out like that, but is the truth.

Good luck!

XtremeS10

Established Member
Honestly, the only thing i feel sorry about is the fact that you havent enjoyed your car! For over a year now, every thread of yours is about something that broke, or something that dont work, or some wrong part!

You have spent good money on parts, trying to built a badass street/strip car and stil have niether.

Make up your mind of what you want to do with the car, and take it to a shop to get it done.

Doing it yourself only works if you and your friends know what you are doing, and based on your previus posts, niether of you has a clue.

Sorry for coming out like that, but is the truth.

Good luck!

I hear you on it, my friend really does know what he's doing, but it seems what I've ordered and got seem to just be off a lot and have to make things work. Shit happens and stuff breaks, you take from it what you can and you keep moving on it. It will be built better and done right, you're right I haven't gotten to enjoy the car and while its regrettable in the end it will be worth it.

strongs_2009

Established Member
Sorry to hear it. I know how it feels to have cars take a shit on you. Your right all you can do it chalk it up to learning and drive on. Glad your in some what good spirits and noone got hurt.

rodfarva

Established Member
That really sucks. It sounds like it could have ended much more badly though. I was looking forward to seeing some timeslips, but I guess we'll have to wait a bit longer for that.

XtremeS10

Established Member
never felt such a monster at any RPM so I know its gonna be fast, I'll get it there don't worry! The worst part was the neighbors making up BS stories and coming to our house to scream at us then afterwards calling the cops basically saying all I do is hammer every vehicle I drive on my road 3 or 4 times a day, when I drive maybe 3 times a week and my cars been apart since april so yeah bit of drama

As for the brand its qa1 but I won't blame the manufacturer I wanna take it apart and see exactly what happened and what caused it, I don't feel it would be right to blame anyone right now or at all, its athe after market, and there's always chance and things of that nature so I'm sure we can fix it, and it'll be back next spring ready to go!

breoland

Established Member
Lets hope there isnt a defect in the product, you know how many people are running those shocks and struts.

Thank god it didnt happen to you going down the track, it could have put you into a wall

chuckstang

Established Member
Im sorry but I don't even understand, how does a coil over take a crap and cause a crash?

You didnt just crash the car and don't want to blame yourself maybe...

I was thinking of going coil over but damn if this is true, PASS.

XtremeS10

Established Member
Like I said I'd rather not blame anyone or anything until we know for sure, what I can tell you is the passenger side of the car is what "crashed" even though there was no body damage or any other damage done to the car, however on both the passenger AND the driver side the QA1 assembly exploded, there is fluid all inside the fender well, and the pistons on each are both moving freely inside the piston housing, the top of the housing is gone

rdsnk46

Established Member
Oh man! Glad your ok, cars can be fixed but life cannot be replaced. Cars dont mean anything in the bigger picture.

Users who are viewing this thread