bad luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
*post got moved so im posting the story again*

this morning i was given a sign, a sign to get rid of the truck.

on my way to work i was driving behind a nissan sentra. the sentra was about 4-5 cars lengths ahead of me as we approched a green light ahead. the road has a wide turn to the right that we were both taking. it snowed out last night so the roads werent clean, but with common sense and responsible driving you could make it to work safely. we approched the turn only doing about 8mph cause of the snow. before we reached the turn the driver in the sentra decides he wants to slow down even more then the 8mph that we were doing so he wouldnt lose control on the wide turn, by coming to a complete stop in front of me in the middle of the road. i had to lock up my brakes. with the snow on the road, the down slant of the road and 4800 pounds needless to say the truck didnt stop in time as i slide the 4 car lengths into the back of the sentra. hazard lights come on and i step out of my truck to look at the damage. the sentra owner wouldnt get out of his car. i walked up to his car and knocked on the window and proceded to ask him why he stoped in the middle of the road when the light was green right before the turn. he said he was mearly slowing down and i proceed to butt in and say no you idiot you came to a complete stop on a slippery road with a green light and i couldnt avoid hitting you.

to give you an idea of what i was dealing with ill talk about the road setup. its a 2 lane road and both lanes haveing to take the right turn. theres also a merge lane for people to get into if they want to take a left. we were in the left lane of the two that were turning right. after the accident i tried to put myself into his shoes and reason on why he would do that. stopping like he did made me think he wanted to turn left but was in the wrong lane and didnt realize someone was behind him so he dicided to hit his brakes and stop in the middle of the road and try to get over in the other lane, but of course i was behind him thinking he was going to turn right since thats the lane hes in. so now my front end is smashed in and his plastic bumper popped off on the dirvers side and he has some scratches on his car trunk lid. the pics make it look like i slide into a bus. needless to say the truck is getting de-modded, put back together, repainted and traded in sometime in the next month if i can afford it all.

i havent been able to get the hood open yet to see the damage under it, but from the side i can see that the fan shroud is about a 1/16" from the supercharger belt. i drove the truck home which is about a 15 minute drive and it didnt overheat or anything so i know the fan still works and the radiator is fine. there isnt any fluid leaking anywhere either.

finally heres the pics

IMG_4959.jpg

IMG_4960.jpg

IMG_4961.jpg

IMG_4962.jpg

once i get all my parts off the truck and buy new body parts and get the stock pulleys and eaton back on the truck i have to get a new tune for it and get the parts painted to match the truck. then ill be tradeing it in with the built engine remaining in it. im so fed up with this truck and the luck i havent had while owning both of my lightnings that i cant wait to get rid of this thing finally. i know no one likes to see someone sell there truck, specially after putting too much money into it just to get rid of it, but i gotta draw the line and say see ya with this thing.

heres a link for parts for sale and parts wanted

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3231845#post3231845

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
dude i am so sorry, that sucks big time
sorry to see you want to get rid of it but at this point it is totally understandable. ah man that sucks big nuts bro
it hurts to even look at the pics
i got some stock stuff from my 00 so ill look at your list and see what i can send ya

Stinger2007

Established Member
Well, that sucks! I would have had a hard time refraining myself from kicking some A_s! Hopefully you did not get a ticket! Also, all that damage from 8-mph? That looks like alot of damage for only 8-mph.

Anyhow, it sucks and I wish you luck with what ever you decide.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
lightninmike said:
dude i am so sorry, that sucks big time
sorry to see you want to get rid of it but at this point it is totally understandable. ah man that sucks big nuts bro
it hurts to even look at the pics
i got some stock stuff from my 00 so ill look at your list and see what i can send ya
thanks.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
Stinger2007 said:
Well, that sucks! I would have had a hard time refraining myself from kicking some A_s! Hopefully you did not get a ticket! Also, all that damage from 8-mph? That looks like alot of damage for only 8-mph.

Anyhow, it sucks and I wish you luck with what ever you decide.
we got about 3/4 inch of snow last night and it happened at 6:15 this morning so the road didnt get salted yet and the sun wasnt up to melt the snow away. the road is a down slant leading into a turn and i was going slow as balls to make sure i would make the turn.... not expecting the car in front of me to come to a complete stop.

ever been in an icy parking lot and try to turn into a spot and your tires lock up and your truck slides?? and thats with barely moveing at all. the plastic broke pretty easy and the aluminum hood got caught on his trunk lid in the right spot to apply the weight of the truck to bend it in half.

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
02JoeGhost said:
So what are you going to trade the L in on??

Joe
i had the local Audi dealers start looking for a blue 2001 S4, but they said those are hard to find. they just happen to get a silver 2001 in last friday. i havent seen the price on it yet or what mileage it has but it might be my new next car.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
Damn man, I can't believe it happened. I understand though about selling the truck but, I am sorry it happened man and I really wish you better luck with your next car, that really sucks man.

Good luck with selling this one and getting into something else, again, I am really sorry to hear it man but, can completely understand (and agree) with you selling.

Take care.

TriPodRacing

U MAD?
Established Member
It will be sad to lose you as a Lightning owner(allways be a brother). Sometimes you have to move on.

If you need any help or parts on your new ride let me know. I love the Bi Turbo S4.

I want my girl to get one for her DD.

LightningMAS

Banned
Omg.. No No!! :shrug: ****ing sentra bastard.. :fm:

sorry about ur L.. cant see it like that :eek: :nonono:

good luck on the audi.. i heard bad things about audi.. :xpl: sorry

but its gonna be sad losing a Lightning Brother.. :beer:

let us know whats the dealio with all this :dw:

gbgary

Established Member
don't get rid of it. just fix it. it'll be as good as new. it wouldn't have mattered what you were driving, you still would have hit the idiot. just calm down and borrow something to drive while it's getting fixed. good luck with it.

simshahh

Party2Go
Established Member
yea its been one thing after the next with you and that truck. im sorry to hear about all the dissapointment and everything you have had with it so far. finally when i thought it would turn around for ya....BAM! well good luck getting that S4 you want.

Cichlids

I8ASRT10
Established Member
The nerve of some drivers on winter roads really suck. I hope that the new quantro AWD helps you out in the winter.

nates03L

SVT Punk
Established Member
O man, I was really hopin to see your L in action this summer. I dont blame you at all for wanting to get rid of it. It seems like that thing has been nothing but a headache for awhile now. Good luck on gettin everything cleared up!!

PearlBlue L

Still Around
Established Member
gbgary said:
don't get rid of it. just fix it. it'll be as good as new. it wouldn't have mattered what you were driving, you still would have hit the idiot. just calm down and borrow something to drive while it's getting fixed. good luck with it.
that sounds like a nice fairy tale but in gary land the truck has to go. :cryying:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread