Bad axle bearings already?

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
So I have put on my suspension already and now this slight clunking is noticeable passenger side rear. I went over all of it to make sure everything was good but I noticed there is some play with the right rear wheel. Wheels are in good and I removed and torqued them again. Feels like play in the axle bearing. Te car has 20k miles with just a mere 5k of them supercharged. Anyone else have axle bearings wear out quickly?

01bluesnake

Established Member
The rear axle bearings will have some play if you push up and down on the tire (standing under car), although not a lot. If you are talking about pulling and pushing the tire in and out, then you may have excessive wear in the clutch packs, but again some is normal. Also a wheel bearing will make a horrible grinding/rumble noise before you ever get a clunking noise.

Last edited:

five.slow

El Jefe
Established Member
damn yesterday i threw away some new bearings and seals b/c i was on my retarded ass clean the garage spree and figured id never get rid of them!!!

kinda odd for them to go bad that fast. too bad you put a supercharger on now ford will tell you to pound sand.

Users who are viewing this thread