Bad 4.10's

stang99

If you have a really fast Cobra, you'd have to shift to 5th in the 1/4 with 4.30. 4.10's are marginal and 3.90's would be about the best bet for a fast car.

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by ox03
I suppose I can always give FuShnickens a call and try out those 4:30:1 gears... FuShnickens...Where are you?
I have first dibs, right FuSh? :lol1: :lol1:
I just move the rev limit up a tad, get those bigger ET Streets, jack in a couple more ponies -- as they say on TV Wah-lah (no comments required literary boys) Have it taching 7,000 in 4th on those bigass crinkle wall mofos.
Get the skinnie minnie fronts, remove the sway bar, supercool this piggie piggie Vert.
Sounds like heaven!!!
Hold on Nellie!!!:burnout: :burnout: :burnout:
JW

03DOHC

Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge
If you have a really fast Cobra, you'd have to shift to 5th in the 1/4 with 4.30. 4.10's are marginal and 3.90's would be about the best bet for a fast car.
Hey Tetge we have a member in NorCal that's already trapped around 121mph with 3.55's at Sac. Might be borderline with 4.10's. Have you thought about going with some 27"-28" tires?

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Originally posted by 03DOHC
Hey Tetge we have a member in NorCal that's already trapped around 121mph with 3.55's at Sac. Might be borderline with 4.10's. Have you thought about going with some 27"-28" tires?

Exactly my thinking with the 4.30s. Maybe 8,000 RPM... 30 inch tires --- who can do the math, I lost my sliderule
:lol1: :lol1: :lol1:
OX and I will arm wrestle for the 4.30s. Juan will be my proxy.
:eek:
JW

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I was just about to hit the gym to prepare for imminent victory, but noticed that Juan was to be your proxy. It would cost me more the gear & pinion themselves to hire a professional arm wrestler, so you win. Next time, I plan to recruit Juan to do my dirty deeds first!

Last edited:

maoun

Established Member
it's gonna cost a lot when i have to put a diff in there at the same time....jeesh, u guys make me poor

stang99

If I ran Sac, I might be concerned, although if I run out of revs in 4th at the 1/4, I will be going 11's for sure, and I would not care if I had to lose some acceleration by revving past the power curve in 4th. My 4th should go over 130 at 7000 RPM.

Originally posted by 03DOHC

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
Amen Maoun, I agree...

I have the Griggs Hybrid de-cambered(this thing is badd) rearend in my saleen with the blackgold diff. That thing is in the 3 grand :cryying: range... For a rear end... Should be sweet though!:beer: :thumbsup:

maoun

Established Member
road racin...you need to join us for some of our willow springs races man....it'd be awesome to meet you....i don't think i have yet, rite?

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
kinda sorta... I had the white stock mach at the beach cruise we did. I met you there but we met lots of new people. The saleen is getting finished but the Mach is Gr40'd out and ready to go :) After SEMA I'm down for as many open trackin' events as possible. Just let me know. AND, if we play our cards right then we might even get David out :p
Btw, I've known Brian(B&D) for years...

maoun

Established Member
awesome...did brian do your griggs setups?

i'm at all the events brian's at, usually....so we could meet up on one of those. what's ur name?

Road Racin'

Termanata' Killa'
Established Member
No I took the car to Griggs for an install. We were real annal with the setup because of the people that will be driving this car. It's gone to everybody to have their stuff put on by them. Griggs, bassani, vortech ect...

I worked at Vortech for 3+ years but I used to live up the street from Brian. He put a tremec in my cobra 5-6 years ago... That was a long time ago.

And, I'm Trevor. Good to meet you! I'll be at the next track event 1 way or another. :burnout:

Users who are viewing this thread