Bad 4.10's

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
Originally posted by Tetge

That's it. I am putting it all back to stock and trading it in on a pick up truck. Then, I can unexpectedly change lanes while talking on my cell phone and lighting a cigarette without any warning and try to kill the poor guy commuting on the MotoGuzzi.

P,

there is only one poor guy commuting on a MotoGuzzi, and things aren't so bad you need to kill yourself.

Or put the "Stock" Cobra back to true stock....

03_Sonic Blur

Wanna Talk? PM Me
Established Member
If P goes back to "Stock", and I get a couple of mods, I could probably take him.

XMP confirmed 10/4/2003 for my Quadrant, Adjuster and shifter.

Hmmm, I might need to borrow Allan's puller here soon.

I need to take a day or two, and schedule a block with Danny.

stang99

bad, bad 4.10's. don't vibrate at all since the drive shaft was turned 180 degrees, Most of us have -duh! days- even when we are actually very good at what we do so the shop had to sleep on it . bad, bad 4.10's. smoke my tires and accelerate with a sharpness not before found. how does anyone ever lose with 4.10's? it might be the altitude up here but they seem just right. what a rush in 3rd and 4th. close gears are a good thing even in a torquey Cobra. too bad i will not get a rematch against juan before i get rid of the car and retire to an F150. bad 4.10's, i hate this acceleration and the big shove in my back. but there are serious issues still with my car. so, it is nip and tuck about any future events for me.
FiveOhDean has it right about me.
BTW: did i actually beat juan and he has 4.10's? my car feels as if it gained 100 hp. i am understanding his trap speeds now and repecting his 60' times. i also understand why he kept running me down at the top end. as strange as it seems, a 3900 pound 280 ci engine needs some gears. but, we shall see what the numbers are....

jhwalker

Dead Poster Walking
Established Member
Oh Hell :bash: We aren't all going to have to go to 4.10s to stay competitive I hope to hell.

A pox on you Juan! You too Tetge!!

Thinking back a bit, at Famoso in the semi-finals I ran a coupe with identical everything with me -- we dyno'd within 2 HP of each other. The ONLY difference was his 4.10s and my 3.55s. (and of course my pokey-ass Vert to his taut Coupe).
We had identical dial-in #s. We had near-identical reaction times and 60 ft. times.
We shifted equally badly.
I took him by about 4 feet. :eek:
Maybe there is hope...

James

stang99

I guess that depends on how fast you are going to go. Because I really don't see a whole lot out there that will accelerate better at freeway speeds than my 03, 3.55's or 4.10's. And, the 4.10's close up the gaps, so until you get to some seriously high speeds that will get you major jail time, the 4.10's are badder than the 3.55's. The only problems with the 4.10 occur at lower speeds due to lack of traction.

Originally posted by ox03
You lose on freeway runs with Supras and the like ;-) .

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I am down here in the San Gabriel Valley where a good lot of Supras and Gen III RX-7s troll the freeways. Usually between I-605 and Diamond Bar. They are truly nasty when their singles kick in. Usually start pulling away from 80-1xx MPH. Not all, but more than a few
icon_sad.gif
. High speeds? Jail? Who cares! What, are you like 50-years old or something
icon_wink.gif
? Heh, heh, heh...

maoun

Established Member
ox, please understand that speeding is illegal. take it to the track.

but if you don't, call me and i'll join ya! hehehe

i'm getting gears....next week, **** this shit! we all need gear!

m.

maoun

Established Member
lol....sonic, you have me sold so hard man i'm ****in not sleepin at nite! mine should be so hard next week....

L.B.

el rey
Established Member
Sounds like the 4.10s are working out for you...I think they would work well in a Mach too...but I stopped modding after the K&N went in...

stang99

I am positive that they'd work in a Mach1 since it is even a higher revving unit than the Cobra. You'd have to shift to 4th in the 1/4 with 4.10 since 3rd would never make it all the way.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
I suppose I can always give FuShnickens a call and try out those 4:30:1 gears... FuShnickens...Where are you?

Users who are viewing this thread