Back in the saddle tomorrow

cmnorman

Established Member
Picking up my new 03 vert tomorrow. I sold my last one a few years ago to fund the suburban that I haul my 5 kids around in. Looking forward to getting back in the saddle and the sound of a screaming supercharger.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations! Post a photo or two here when you get it home. :thumbsup:

cmnorman

Established Member
Thanks guys, I'll post up a few pics once I get them uploaded. It was running hot on the way home but I burped the crossover and topped it off and it's been good since. I learned along the way that one of the former owners used to be on this site and he called the car "Mamba". I've heard it made 735 RWHP when it was built and tuned. ProDyno did the original tune on this build so I've got an appointment there next week to get it retuned and checked over.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
C4AECD7A-0157-4A79-9E64-A47C6ECCCBEF.jpg

Mbiro594

Established Member
Not the biggest fan of the Fr500s but they look amazing on your vert! Congratulations, more pics when you can

Have you had any experience with ProDyno? I've heard both good and bad about them..

The owner of SOHOMOTORSPORTS, specializes in 370Zs and Infiniti, recommended Carolina Speedworks. I get nervous when people refer to the owner of ProDyno as "Detonation Dan" lol

If you end up going there please post up your experience, I know you can't always rely on others for reviews.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
That IS a good looking convertible. The light bar really makes it pop. Stance looks spot on.

cmnorman

Established Member
Not the biggest fan of the Fr500s but they look amazing on your vert! Congratulations, more pics when you can

Have you had any experience with ProDyno? I've heard both good and bad about them..

The owner of SOHOMOTORSPORTS, specializes in 370Zs and Infiniti, recommended Carolina Speedworks. I get nervous when people refer to the owner of ProDyno as "Detonation Dan" lol

If you end up going there please post up your experience, I know you can't always rely on others for reviews.

Thanks, I'm not the biggest fan of FR500's either, was thinking of seeing if someone wanted to trade for some stock chromes. But sometimes I like them, then sometimes I don't. Haha

My last terminator was tuned by ProDyno and they tuned this one when it was built so they are just putting the old tune back on it and getting it dialed back in so hopefully it's a simple trip to the shop. The car has an email tune on it from Lund right now and it's definitely getting too much fuel.

cmnorman

Established Member
2479E3AC-8EA1-4204-A782-CBB1933675EC.jpg

9EA038C4-F478-4D92-8832-971715FE16F5.jpg

04A7994D-6CE8-446D-B2D1-FBF0E50B4ADF.jpg

5C7A0921-1085-4D4D-A127-AFA99631D6F9.png

Here's a few more photos. It was a little bit dirty because unfortunately I had to drive it home in the outskirts of the hurricane. I am looking forward to making it my own and enjoying the fall drives with the top down.

Last edited:

cmnorman

Established Member
Car went on the dyno today and it was bad news. He did a short test pull at low RPM and said something didn't seem right. Stuck the camera in a few of the cylinders and the left rear has oil sitting on the piston and some small pieces of metal sitting there as well. He said it looks like a valve guide cracked or a piece chipped off of it. It also overheated in traffic on the way to the shop and blew a head gasket so the motor is coming out and getting tore down to see what went wrong and get it all fixed up and put back together. Not a good morning!

Users who are viewing this thread