Back in a Sonic Blue... The Keeper!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Once thing I've noticed right off the bat is.... It is SOOOOOOO nice working on something that hasn't been touched by someone else. All the stock nuts/bolts are there.. Nothing over torqued, or stripped. Everything is basically just like was from the factory besides the blower.. and I love it!!

My last two cobras had too many hands on them and it really showed!
First, congrats on finding that nice SB Cobra. It's great to have basically an unblemished canvas to work with. As these cars age, it's becoming harder and harder to find a really clean Terminator, as in not having the hardware marred or replaced with aftermarket hardware. Enjoy it, Nate!!

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Congrats! Without question, the sonic blue terminator coupe is the most incredible machine that's ever been built on this planet.

=)

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Which one? 13/14 or 2020?
2020 for sure!!

But I'm fully focused on this one.

I want to actually enjoy this car. My last few cobras I've put so much time into modding them that I never drove them.

I've made an agreement with myself that'll I'll only mod during the winter, no matter how small or "quick" it will be. In my experience mods lead to more mode which leads to more down time!

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Gen 4 whipple was delivered today.

Not nearly as flashy as the red. But will obviously look better in a sonic blue car
5d9c468077cebaff83acda8e9bb19b03.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Alan at Speed of sound makes them. They were like 35 shipped if I remember correctly.

I was fortunate enough to get in on his last gauge pod run and he was making these during that time. No sure if he still is or not.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Yes I bought it second hand. Brand new though. The person I bought it off of bought a crusher during the crazy Whipple sales but had purchased this one prior so it worked out!

The reasons I decided to go with a standard inlet are

1. I simply wont need it. I plan on a 700-750 fun street car. The standard inlet it very capable of that. I hit 720ish with a gen 2 2.9 on my Mystichrome car (e85)

2. I didn't want to risk any rubbing on the hood. I know you can buy spacers and what not.

3. I got such a good deal on the red gen 3 Whipple that I had, it wasn't worth it to me to buy the crusher at that time. I 100% honestly thought Id be running that 2.6 KB that came with the car for the foreseeable future. LOL..

MG0h3

Established Member
Makes sense. Good buy. Gen4 is no joke.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Beautiful car, welcome back to the sonic blue club. Keep this thread updated. I don’t do Instagram so don’t hold out here.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I’m jealous, makes me miss mine. Between seeing this bute & the other 1 or 2 SB COBRAs for sale on SVT.... I want to Fo ;)

Users who are viewing this thread