Back and forth on exhaust

Nuar

Established Member
I have bassani street race axle backs with a full offroad exhaust.... No drone or a hint of drone.
Same when i had the stock headers and midpipe.

N20D5OH

Established Member
I hated the way my car sounded with the O/R X pipe and GT500 mufflers. I put the stock mufflers back on it now and it sounds a lot smoother.

I have the same set up and I won't change it. It's unassuming at idle, just enough under light acceleration and you know it's not stock at full throttle. I also tote my kids around in it and I don't want to drone them out

conway2004

Established Member
I have the GT500 axle back and off road h pipe and I absolutely love the sound. It's perfectly calm when cruising but louder when accelerating. Wouldn't have any other combo.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I have the GT500 axle back and off road h pipe and I absolutely love the sound. It's perfectly calm when cruising but louder when accelerating. Wouldn't have any other combo.

Did you ever have the same setup, only difference were stock mufflers? That's what I have now, and I don't like the higher pitched "tinny" sound of them.

nosympathy

Boss 302
Established Member
Ive been through 3 different exhausts and was finally happy with borla s types

I was till I heard them next to a set of Flowmasters on an O/R H and realized how loud and raspy my exhaust is in comparison. I originally didn't think it was. I have been looking at the Corsa Extremes after hearing them both in person and it just sounds so deep and mean.

Don't get me wrong, the Borla still sound amazing.

RC-5.0

Established Member
Off Road H and GT500.. I ditched my Steedas by Borla for the GT500s...better tone, and quiet at hwy and idle..Nice from the back outside:

[youtube_browser]iyHFy-YbCKo [/youtube_browser]

[youtube_browser]_AlJiBasMe4 [/youtube_browser]

RC

sean04

Established Member
kooks headers, or x, and kooks mufflers. It is very raspy and sounds plain awesome in person. It is also really quite inside the car but screams outside. ZERO drone

th_BCB8D0A2-7B4D-4E84-BE52-3BB4508990AF-2345-0000047AEA99F802_zpsfcc1c6d9.jpg

twistedneck

Established Member
I have the Corsa Extreme, JPC OTA pipes and Lethal X w/ stock cats. Love the way it sounds. Personally dont think it sounds too raspy at all, screams at WOT and is very subtle just cruising around. Plus there is zero drone, which i love.

I've heard they sound pretty obnoxious with a cat-less setup though.

Corsa sports, headers, orx, jpc ota pipes... un bearable at anything over 1% throttle. had to put the stockers back on. if you plan on running those super free flowing mufflers keep in mind later on when you open the exhaust up you will have to add a 12-16" bullet muffler to each side to keep noise down.

Corsa is a work of art.

Ratchet

Established Member
I have the 13 GT500's.. got them from Tousley... with the valance for waaay cheaper than what your link show's from AM. You might want to check out a 13 conversion kit from them. With the Magnaflow 3" x pipe they really come alive. Pretty damn loud when on it, not that loud at all on the highway and just cruising around. No drone. I really like the way they sound... to me it's more of an old school muscle car sound. :beer:

rfugio68

Established Member
I have roush axle backs, the sound good but they do get loud under hard acceleration. A little too loud for a stock car, if you plan on going catless I'd look elsewhere honestly.

KonaFifty

Established Member
I have the 13 GT500's.. got them from Tousley... with the valance for waaay cheaper than what your link show's from AM. You might want to check out a 13 conversion kit from them. With the Magnaflow 3" x pipe they really come alive. Pretty damn loud when on it, not that loud at all on the highway and just cruising around. No drone. I really like the way they sound... to me it's more of an old school muscle car sound. :beer:

op has a 12 though, if he did the conversion would be a few thousands...op should get the 12 and under gt500 axle backs. basically what he wants. it is quiet when cruising, but when you get on it it gets somewhat louder. now, add the lethal ota pipes and a h/x and maybe catless, it will get even louder and sound nice.

RioRed4v

Established Member
Corsa sports, headers, orx, jpc ota pipes... un bearable at anything over 1% throttle. had to put the stockers back on. if you plan on running those super free flowing mufflers keep in mind later on when you open the exhaust up you will have to add a 12-16" bullet muffler to each side to keep noise down.

Corsa is a work of art.

Thats kind of a bummer to hear since I absolutely love the tone of the mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread