Baby backs in smoker!!

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Ah!! Doing 3 racks of ribs!

2 using Amish honey and Heinz mustard coated with Killer hogs rub for 3 hours.
And 2 hours with more killer hogs and parkay squeeZe butter and honey with some homemade Jack d bbq sauce. Lastly 1 hour for making the bark smoke at 245 ish. With a glaze of Jack d bbq sauce and light sprinkle of rub.

The other rack is using hard bird rub and mustard and honey as the base for 3 hours same as the other but using mulled Apple cider with a splash of mango juice and habanero juice. Last hour being rubbed with Amish honey and Jack d sauce

First with be a more brown sugary with a nice bold flavor and kick of Jack Daniels

Second with be spicy but very very sweet sticky to your lips taste afterwards.

I am using a 70-30 mix of hickory and apple

03f2413da24f1c840582dab61e3a8e85.jpg

851bebaafd067acbc90163bb77c81bdd.jpg

7a0c6b89232062e0fe6329529526c2fb.jpg

https://vimeo.com/146691622

Stang Lover

Established Member
I checked that killer hogs website out just now. Looks like i'll be trying some new products out.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
I checked that killer hogs website out just now. Looks like i'll be trying some new products out.
He's shit is top notch... And lamberts sweet rub o mine is 110% amazing the sauce as welll
not bad at all. what is that last photo of? some kind of mini apple pie?
Yea! Wife made them homemade
Looks good. I really need to invest in a smoker and start trying to do this.
Masterbuilt electric 30 inch ftw

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
Imo way too much going on with those ribs. I like the taste of "pork" ribs not the taste of bbq sauce and rub with a hint of rib. To each their own though.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Imo way too much going on with those ribs. I like the taste of "pork" ribs not the taste of bbq sauce and rub with a hint of rib. To each their own though.

Honestly the mustard is just a adhesion promoter for the rub.
Honey helps the bones have a sticky feel.

The rub I go easy on. The juices on the mango and habenero cook out but adds a aftertaste feel on the lips. The ribs have a amazing taste honestly the sauce is smoked off and it's very very mild flavoring

1992sc50

What, its just a 5oh!
Established Member
Honestly the mustard is just a adhesion promoter for the rub.
Honey helps the bones have a sticky feel.

The rub I go easy on. The juices on the mango and habenero cook out but adds a aftertaste feel on the lips. The ribs have a amazing taste honestly the sauce is smoked off and it's very very mild flavoring

Ok im with u then. I think my thing is when ribs r drenched with sauce after they r cooked. Like right before eating, smh at that, but like i said to each their own. Good ribs bro.

Svtkidd23

#4THGEARMATTERS
Established Member
Ok im with u then. I think my thing is when ribs r drenched with sauce after they r cooked. Like right before eating, smh at that, but like i said to each their own. Good ribs bro.

Yea I can't do sauce lol.. I like mine glazed and than smoked at
Min a hour before eating basically carmalizing the sugars! But people who dip ribs disgust me
Lol

Bruster04

94eb8c67926cfc38b2c553a6cc34ccd7.jpg

One of my favorite things to do

Here a 10 lb butt fat side up..7 hrs smoked 3.5 wrapped.

How is the killer hogs?I watch alot of his videos

Users who are viewing this thread