B Upper to C lower Adapter Finally

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
May be a stupid question. But would this adapter reduce or affect air flow?

I can't answer that with any official data right now. There will be "lips" on the inside due to the design of the upper vs the lower, but there isnt anything you can do about it.

My main focus is to get the first one sent out so you guys can start using them. Once you have it you can take all the time in the world you want to shave here or shave there, but I am trying to eliminate unnecessary material.

Last edited:

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Ok, did my test fit about a half hour ago, everything looks solid!. I did see an issue with some of my hardware being 1/2 thread too long, but that's not an issue, everything fit like a glove. I can just exchange for shorter. I am going to the water jet guy with the final design today (7-17). He said it would be a week to week 1/2 to get them back. As long as nothing catastrophic happens at water jet I will let you know a price later today! Thanks for the patience guys. I will have some pics up in a little while.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Finally ready for orders!!!!

I am finished with my adapter and am now excepting orders for the adapter. My water jet guy said the first water jetted one will be finished on the 23rd. The more orders I receive at once, the faster they can be made.

Price per adapter will be $175.00. That will include the adapter and the necessary hardware to mount. You will need to provide your own gaskets. I can provide them for you at the extra charge of the gasket(s). **NOTE** If your factory hard plastic gasket is in good shape, you can reuse it. I haven't done any dyno-ing yet, so I have no idea if there is any power increase through the power band. I made a solid deal with the water jet guy and he can cut them a lot cheaper than anyone around. Once water jetted, I will still need to make some finishing touches on them including drilling/tapping and some grinding.

The advantage of the adapters are:
Cosmetic: You retain the look of the 96-98 b intake, and also carries a sleeper status with it. Unless folks catch the adapter they wont notice you have C Heads.
Cost of swapping parts: You will not need to buy the C upper, the throttle bracket or cables or any of the other emissions stuff. You can retain everything from you air filter to the gasket below the B upper and everything attached to the upper.. I am running an EGR delete and no longer have my tube, someone will have to see if it will fit height wise.

The below pictures are my homemade one. They will have cleaner cuts on the outside. Once ordered I will give each individual a time frame for there gasket. First come first serve, so if you would like to order one please PM me telling me so. I will cover most of the upfront cost of material, but ask that you give a $50 deposit. Thanks guys for your orders and patience!

419-689-4314
-Brian

IMG_0206-Copy.jpg

IMG_0207-Copy.jpg

IMG_0208-Copy.jpg

IMG_0216-Copy.jpg

IMG_0217-Copy.jpg

IMG_0218-Copy.jpg

98fourvalve

Established Member
You are the man! That looks awesome. If only this was done before I finsihed my engine a few months ago....

PSUCOBRA96

Established Member
I love the idea, but here is a question, why does this not create turbulence and sacrifice power. I know you plan on doing a dyno so that will tell the tale but what is the theory behind it. It just looks like the b-head upper hangs over quite a bit match wise. I am interested in it for sure, its an awesome idea and you guys rock for doing it, but I want to know for my own information.

Last edited:

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I love the idea, but here is a question, why does this not create turbulence and sacrifice power. I know you plan on doing a dyno so that will tell the tale but what is the theory behind it. It just looks like the b-head upper hangs over quite a bit match wise. I am interested in it for sure, its an awesome idea and you guys rock for doing it, but I want to know for my own information.

Im sure it does create some turbulence, however the "higher" outer walls also allow for more air to get over the the drivers side runners. There will be some over hang in there, but there isnt anything I can cost effectively do about it. I'm sure you can go in and shave here and there and spend hours and hours to make it as smooth of a flow as possible but I don't think it will be worth all the extra work. Simply put, the B upper has potential for more volume compared to the c upper.

CobRoush-00

Established Member
I have been following this idea for a while. I must say you are brilliant. It's nice to see the idea is finally coming to life. Great job!

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Thanks for the complements guys, a lot of credit should be directed to na svt tho... He has answered 50 million of the dumbest questions I could possibly come up with lol.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I have a few orders in, if there is anyone that wants to jump on this weeks order let me know before COB tomm if at all possible. Turn around for him is about a week and a half, tack on a few more days for me as well.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
***UPDATE***7/23/12

Just got off the hook with the water jet guy. Wednesday Morning the first will come back to me. Pics to follow Wednesday!

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Once I get a clean one back from water jet I am going to post more pics. There are some other ones on previous pages, but those were basically hand tool made. lots of nasty grind marks.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Ok here's some pics of my upper and lower painted and ready for the adapter. :) The blue is Sonic Blue Duplicolor touch up paint from Advance Auto. Its actually a PITA to apply. It dries as fast as it hits the normal temp metal. I ordered the new plaque from CJ Pony Parts for $9.85 w/shipping. The Other paint is actually Graphite Wheel paint, also from Advance. Enjoy!
IMG_0279.jpg

IMG_0281.jpg

IMG_0284.jpg

IMG_0283.jpg

IMG_0282.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0286.jpg

IMG_0238.jpg

9CobraVert8

Established Member
I painted my old set of wheels that color...its a bit darker than I liked but it still looks good. I actually wouldn't mind painting the intake and valve covers that color.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Ok, got the adapter back from water jet... looks great. Im at my parents house and dont have a cord to plug pics into computer. I need to drill the holes and what not still, but it was great. He said he could have up to ten done in the next two weeks. Hes waiting on replenishment of aluminum stock. I will post up some pics tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread