B Upper to C lower Adapter Finally

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Ok Guys, I am about 90% complete on an adapter. I just need to drill the holes for bolts and mount it on the actual car. I cannot start my car until its complete so, Im working pretty diligently on it. We (NA SVT and I) have been working on it for awhile and everything looks good so far. Most folks want them for aesthetics, however we believe there is some power to be made as well. We will still need to do some dyno-ing for that.

I made the one I have from basic tools in my garage, but it has taken a lot of time. If there are enough people interested in them I will need to have them water jetted. In order to give quotes I would need to see how many people are interested in one... so let me know if you want them. If you want to PM that's fine, but please put your name on this post as well so I can keep track of everyone. Thanks for your patience! -Brian

Last edited:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Nice work guys! I am not in the market at the moment unfortunately

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
PRICING:

Here's the deal with pricing, the aluminum plate is expensive. I have seen them go anywhere from as cheap as "tactically acquiring" them from their workplace lol to $125 just for the plate. If you supply your own plate it will definitely be cheaper. With this thing being basically a rectangle that has the center cut out, there will be unfortunately a lot of wasted metal. I can probably make them cheaper in my garage than what I can get it water jetted. The up side is, it will work, down side is it just wont have the fancy smooth cut lines and edges. I am going to talk to him tomm and will get a better idea about what it will cost as far as getting them water jet cut. It honestly didn't take as long as I thought it would be to cut them out, so I feel comfortable doing everything myself, because the 2nd,3rd and so on wont take as long. With all the hardware involved I can make maybe two per full day of working at the very least. I am going to try to make them as cheap as I can for you guys. Sorry for those of you that have B Lower's and C Uppers, I think this will make it hard to get rid of those. When the adapter is 100% I will certainly post more pics than you can handle. I truly plan on having mine on my car before Monday. Thanks guys for the patience.

***EDIT*** Also in need of some things for possible trade/cash. Would like to find a set of stinger mufflers and an SCT tuner. Don't be afraid to shoot me an offer.

Last edited:

crysalis_01

Iron fist, lead foot
Established Member
Damn, I just sold my '01 Upper and lower. (decided to do an Eaton swap instead of waiting to this adapter.) guess on the up side there will be another B upper on the market after I'm done. :D

00_silvergt

Established Member
Im in. I won't be able to provide my own plate. But i have an idea of a price now. Ill be able to get one in a few weeks, will have some money saved up by the end of this month or beginning of the next month. I just bought some mach 1 parts. Should arrive tomorrow. Perfect timing for the adapter. Thank you and Todd for all the work put into this.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Im in. I won't be able to provide my own plate. But i have an idea of a price now.

The $125 is what I have seen some of the blank plates go for, not the adapter. I'm going to try to find them cheaper tho, I will be able to give you guys a price for a finished adapter in the next few days after I talk to the water-jetter

00_silvergt

Established Member
The $125 is what I have seen some of the blank plates go for, not the adapter. I'm going to try to find them cheaper tho, I will be able to give you guys a price for a finished adapter in the next few days after I talk to the water-jetter

Yea i understand that. Right now im assuming they will be around $200 maybe a bit more

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Yea i understand that. Right now im assuming they will be around $200 maybe a bit more

I'm gonna try, I've never had anything water-jetted so I have no idea what to expect. I am assuming that the more ordered the cheaper they would be. He is actually Amish lol. He owns a huuuuge construction company (for an amish guy) and has several barns full of machinery. I am hoping that this will play to our advantage.

Last edited:

9CobraVert8

Established Member
So you're saying the adapter will work both ways B upper to C lower, and vise versa? In theory it sounds legit, but for all I know there could be differences that wouldn't allow it??

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
So you're saying the adapter will work both ways B upper to C lower, and vise versa? In theory it sounds legit, but for all I know there could be differences that wouldn't allow it??

Im not understanding the vise versa part.... the adapter mates the b upper to the c lower. the differences are a PITA lol

Users who are viewing this thread