B Upper to C lower Adapter Finally

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
Lol sorry, it sounded good when I wrote it half asleep...I meant B upper to C lower, or C upper to B lower?

I guess theoretically you could. I would have to look at the angles on the inside rim of the plate to be sure. I think you would have to modify ther adapter a little bit. I dont have my B lower anymore and I also dont have a c upper. You would also have to change around a little hardware.

9CobraVert8

Established Member
I guess theoretically you could. I would have to look at the angles on the inside rim of the plate to be sure. I think you would have to modify ther adapter a little bit. I dont have my B lower anymore and I also dont have a c upper. You would also have to change around a little hardware.

Yeah the hardware would definitely have To be different. What are you doing for gaskets?

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
any pics of it mocked up?

We have one that the adapter is wood, I am going to go with a stud type fastener for securing the upper to the adapter and havent gotten them from the local hardware store. I have to work 12-5:30 so I will be back at it as soon as Im off.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I will have some more infor on pricing by monday... I dont know what the cost of hardware is total yet. I DID however talk to my water jet guy, he had nothing but good news that I will share with the pricing when I get the numbers figured.

Helomech74

Established Member
I order all my metal products from here: Online Metals You can get a 12x24 1/2" thick plate of 6061-T6 for about 115 bucks. Of course I don't know if you need to be able to weld it or not, if not then there are other alternatives to choose from that range from more expensive to much less expensive. Personally, I would just stick with 6061-T6 for the strength, weldability, corrosion resistance and cost. 7075-T6 would be the ultimate, but you can't weld it if you needed to.

ZD302GT

Zach
Established Member
Interested in the price

Stupid question, I assume this will take care of the issues reguarding the throttle cable and emmisions equipment. in that case it will be well worth the price

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
So will the intake still clear the hood?

Yes, na svt made one out of plywood that was 1/2 thick with an additional height when you add the gaskets, The one I made is 3/8 thick so its actually a little thinner. Now the production model might be 1/2, but we will see how the 3/8 does.

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
***UPDATE 7-15-12*** Ok guys, thanks for the patience. I was able to talk to the water jet guy. He can do it for about 1/4 the cost I anticipated, so the cost will be lower. I can supply the aluminum cheap because he is going to keep the inside piece and the outside trimmings, because we really are not using that much aluminum. He can crank them out in 10 piece batches every week to week and a half, but there is grinding drilling tapping that I need to do on top of it. not really a big deal. The hardware is actually more expensive than I thought. I am using studs in mine which will allow for a thinner piece of aluminum taking the hood clearance issue away, but the studs are more $ than bolts. I have some pics I will post of the plate as its come along. I wasnt able to mock it on the engine because while mating the tranny and the motor I realized I had a crack through my repair weld on my mid length header, so I had to yank my motor out again... Not a big deal, but I broke the drill bit so I couldn't finish the stud holes tonight. Here are some pics, of the plate.

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

There is still some finish grinding to do, my c upper gasket arrives first thing Tuesday morning, theres actually not much left to do except get the holes finished and stud it. THESE PICS ARE FROM EARLIER IN THE PROCESS. The water jetted version wont need so much grinding and will look cleaner.

I don't want to give a price just yet because its not 100% done and I'm not taking any ones money until I have the first small batch water jetted so you guys aren't sending money and waiting. Feel free to call or text with any questions. 419-689-4314 -Thanks Brian

Last edited:

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
I order all my metal products from here: Online Metals You can get a 12x24 1/2" thick plate of 6061-T6 for about 115 bucks. Of course I don't know if you need to be able to weld it or not, if not then there are other alternatives to choose from that range from more expensive to much less expensive. Personally, I would just stick with 6061-T6 for the strength, weldability, corrosion resistance and cost. 7075-T6 would be the ultimate, but you can't weld it if you needed to.

Thanks for the heads up, I wont be using them for this application but I needed a good reputable supplier for other things. My water jet guy can get metal at a stupid rate that cant be beat so far.

65x2

Resident Hippie
Established Member
May want to be careful dumping funds into a 10 run supply before getting funds. Ask the T1 spoiler guy. Not trying to story shit but I'd aim for at least a deposit.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

1997Cobra

Established Member
The hardware is actually more expensive than I thought. I am using studs in mine which will allow for a thinner piece of aluminum taking the hood clearance issue away, but the studs are more $ than bolts.

not sure where your buying your hardware, but try industrial supply places. They always have lower prices then hardware stores. I usually buy from McMaster-Carr. If you can specify what size/ length studs you need, I can take a quick look around at some of the places I frequent to give you prices. Hopefully I can help you drive the prices down :beer:

****edit**** have you looked into wire edm to cut the shape out? I'm not sure if water jet would be cheaper ( never really dealt with it) but it's something to look into maybe?

Last edited:

1997Cobra

Established Member
Just for comparison Speedy metals has the same thing for $91

USMC53CHIEF

Established Member
May want to be careful dumping funds into a 10 run supply before getting funds. Ask the T1 spoiler guy. Not trying to story shit but I'd aim for at least a deposit.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Deposit sounds like a safe idea... Good looking out.:beer:

not sure where your buying your hardware, but try industrial supply places. They always have lower prices then hardware stores. I usually buy from McMaster-Carr. If you can specify what size/ length studs you need, I can take a quick look around at some of the places I frequent to give you prices. Hopefully I can help you drive the prices down :beer:

****edit**** have you looked into wire edm to cut the shape out? I'm not sure if water jet would be cheaper ( never really dealt with it) but it's something to look into maybe?
That would be outstanding. I wil pm you the details of hardware when I have finished buying my hardware for this test model. Im all about driving the price down, fundages are hard to come by...

Wire EDM is not available as far as a cost effective alternative. I am definitly doing with water jet, I simply cannot work as fast, cheap and with as good of quality cuts as he can.

Users who are viewing this thread