Avoid 1800flowers.com like the plague

Yellow98SVT

T-trim, bitches
Established Member
Placed order at 10 am friday morning with a guarantee of same day delivery. It's now Monday, no one has seen flowers and have not heard a word out of delivery person who had mine and recpients name and number. An email sent to customer service was returned before busines hours informing me, frpom 10.000 miles away, that it had been delivered. Multiple attempts at phone calls have been met with 20+ minute delays and never speaking with a rep. If I had bothered to read the online reviews first, I would have run. On one page I encountered, it had 574 reviews with 86% of them being a 1 out of 5. I may have just accept the fact that these f**knuts burned me for 80 dollars and have zero intention of ever doing me right by it. I learned my lesson...use locals for out of area flowers

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Placed order at 10 am friday morning with a guarantee of same day delivery. It's now Monday, no one has seen flowers and have not heard a word out of delivery person who had mine and recpients name and number. An email sent to customer service was returned before busines hours informing me, frpom 10.000 miles away, that it had been delivered. Multiple attempts at phone calls have been met with 20+ minute delays and never speaking with a rep. If I had bothered to read the online reviews first, I would have run. On one page I encountered, it had 574 reviews with 86% of them being a 1 out of 5. I may have just accept the fact that these f**knuts burned me for 80 dollars and have zero intention of ever doing me right by it. I learned my lesson...use locals for out of area flowers

Did you pay with a credit card? If so, then file a claim through them.

BlueSnake01

Established Member
My understanding is that they use local flower shops. I used FTD twice and they came right on time and day. I can't say they're the best since I only used them twice but had no problems. Well… except one time I paid $5 more for a ballon and never arrived…..

You're better off paying someone else to go take them or do it yourself.

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
I've had multiple **** ups from 1-800 Flowers over the years. Missed delivery dates, dead flowers within a few days, no delivery updates, etc. Each time I file a complaint and usually get a $20 credit or something. Pain in the ass, I hear FTD is much better.

paintballpyro1

Established Member
dont use proflowers either. step father ordered some flowers for my mom. First time they never showed, second time none of the flowers bloomed and were in bad shape. They sent replacements and they were all dead/wilted, looked worse then the first set. Posted on their fb page and every comment was complants and proflowers was responding to everyone saying "oh that should never have happened contact us, not sure what happened.

Huff035

Established Member
I've had good luck with proflowers. Refunded me when flowers were t delivered on time, plus 25% off next time. Then the flowers still ended up being delivered that day, just very late. That was just 1 out of about 10 times. Rest of the times were great.

01GTB

Established Member
My aunt ordered flowers through FTD to be sent before my mother's birthday. Six days ahead I believe. Of course they were supposed to be a surprise. After mom's birthday had come and gone, and my aunt had not heard from her, she kind of figured something was up. My aunt called FTD then was given the number to the florist who was supposed to deliver. The woman was very curt and told her they had a freeze and that's why they had not been delivered, but they were in the truck for delivery that afternoon and hung up on her. My mom called as well and got the same attitude from her. Of course this is central Florida so the freeze excuse was pure BS.

Fast for two days later, still no flowers. My aunt called to cancel the order through FTD and they told her she would have to call the florist who handled it to get a refund. I don't know what ever happened, whether she got the charge removed or what. She called a local florist and they delivered beautiful flowers the next day. If you need flowers, go straight to the source.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Support local business f these dudes!

These big chains sub out orders and deliveries to places that are local to the delivery address. So in retrospect, you ARE supporting local business.

Most local florist will have catalogs for 1800flowers, proflowers, FTD, etc.

I've used all three without issue. I once had a delivery that was a boxed set but the site stated it would be delivered full arranged in vase. I got a $100 gift card from a $25 purchase that wasn't a big deal in reality.

Dbzguy

Black Sheep Squadron
Established Member
Yup made the mistake of using them last year because I got a discount though work. I ordered a package deal and they split it up and delivered one item the day before valentines day and the flowers the day after, and even then they came in a box and GF had to assemble them!!

F' all that and never using them again!

john11gt

Established Member
Dont get me started...lol

I had ordered some flowers from 1800flowers also, to be delivered to my girlfriend at her work a few months ago. What I ordered was the Expressions of Pink bouquet for 80 dollars, that was supposed to look like this.

105015Lz.jpg

What was delivered looked nothing like what I ordered, needless to say, I was pissed. I emailed them and politely told them it wasnt even close and asked for at the least, a partial refund....they gave me 5 dollars back :nonono: This is what they sent..

flowers_zpsc87ffef6.jpg

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
My understanding is that they use local flower shops. I used FTD twice and they came right on time and day. I can't say they're the best since I only used them twice but had no problems. Well… except one time I paid $5 more for a ballon and never arrived…..

You're better off paying someone else to go take them or do it yourself.

FTD.com has been great and never had an issue. They do charge much more than the others but getting a hold of someone through customer service is EXTREMELY easy. Someone always picks up and they can do whatever you need without having to go through a supervisor. Been using them since ProFlowers.com had that big lawsuit about stealing people's information and selling it to other businesses. Will keep using FTD since its been painless transactions for quite a few years now.

1800ProFlowers has had a bad rep for years. Hard to believe they are still in business.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
FTD all the way, plus they have USAA/miltary discount :)

ive done same days as well, no issues. bouqets are always as advertised

LUBaseball2

Established Member
I just had a problem with 1-800-flowers last week as well. I set up an order at like 11pm the night before to be delivered and it never showed up and their excuse was the one inch of snow we received was too inclement of weather to delivery flowers on time. I did call their customer service and they gave me a full refund and 15% off my next order.. Needless to say it was more of a pain in the ass than anything and I ended up just getting some from a grocery store. The thing that pissed me off the most though was I had to do all of the research to actually see if it was delivered they never came out and said oh we can't do it today.

MissionMan

u mad
Established Member
wow they must suck, ive done same days on FTD and literally had flowers delivered in a couple hours.

95gts5oh

wat
Established Member
I used a local flower company in Corpus Christi on mothers day, the flowers were one day late and my credit card number was immediately stolen. The CC company sent a new card but damn, thats a lot of trouble to go through for some flowers.

Users who are viewing this thread