Aviator swap completed

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
My crown jewel FR500. I need some other mods to get the most out of it but it looks sweet sitting there now.

IMG_3045.jpg

It's nice to be rid of the s/c, intercooler piping and actually have some room to work again.

IMG_3046.gif

Last pic is how low the ARH headers and cats are.

IMG_3048.gif

Mystic-SVT

snuggle fest, mmmmm!
Established Member
Very nice! Did you do a COP swap? Is the T in the radiator hose for the head cooling mod?

Last edited:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Very nice! Did you do a COP swap? Is the T in the radiator hose for the head cooling mod?

Thanks:beer: I used one of Red Monster's harnesses for the COP swap. It is plug and play as advertised. The "T" is for the Lethal gen 2 cooling mod. I wasn't going to do it since I am staying n/a but who knows what the future may bring when it comes to mods.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
That was the last pic I took before I put the car away for the winter. I just picked it up this afternoon so I hope to get some better shots soon.

coolguy10786

Established Member
Looks nice! You don't happen to need a window switch for the FR500 do you?

I've still got mine that I am no longer using...

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
looks awesome Gallows...im kinda glad that the T1 didnt sell..i still do want trust me..gonna upgrade to that very soon from you..but looks great man!

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Did you keep the stock aviator cams or swap the intake sticks with the b-head cams?

I kept the stock cams since I had no way to degree them before the engine went in. I will be doing four custom grind cams in the future.

Looks nice! You don't happen to need a window switch for the FR500 do you? I've still got mine that I am no longer using...

I do have the IMRC box but am not sure if it is working. Send me a pm on what you have.

looks awesome Gallows...im kinda glad that the T1 didnt sell..i still do want trust me..gonna upgrade to that very soon from you..but looks great man!

You were the only person that I mentioned it to and you have first dibs. I think I will leave it on for the summer and when I put the car in storage it will be up for grabs.

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I would like to see 325hp but that may be unrealistic. Right now it has

-03 Aviator long block
-na svt FR500 intake
-GMsux FR500 1/2" spacer
-JLT cai
-ARH LT's w/1-3/4" primaries
-ARH Catted X Pipe
-Magnaflow catback w/dumps

Any guesses for hp and tq?

goat-ee

Established Member
I would like to see 325hp but that may be unrealistic. Right now it has

-03 Aviator long block
-na svt FR500 intake
-GMsux FR500 1/2" spacer
-JLT cai
-ARH LT's w/1-3/4" primaries
-ARH Catted X Pipe
-Magnaflow catback w/dumps

Any guesses for hp and tq?

I think if you are pretty close with the 325rwhp, probably be in the 350ish range with the 96-98 cams. When are you getting it dyno'd and tuned?

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
I think if you are pretty close with the 325rwhp, probably be in the 350ish range with the 96-98 cams. When are you getting it dyno'd and tuned?

I will be getting a tune within the next two weeks. I will probably go back in the fall for another tune when the air is cooler and I may do some pulley swapping after I get a baseline.

goat-ee

Established Member
I will be getting a tune within the next two weeks. I will probably go back in the fall for another tune when the air is cooler and I may do some pulley swapping after I get a baseline.

Pulley swapping??????? Is there a "bolt-on" that's not in the pictures or description that would require a pulley swap?!?!? :burnout:

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Pulley swapping??????? Is there a "bolt-on" that's not in the pictures or description that would require a pulley swap?!?!? :burnout:

Sorry. Replace the stock parts with what is listed below.

March 116 Alt. pulley
March 1172 Water pump pulley
March 1158-08 Harmonic balancer
March 640-08 Hydroboost pulley

Gallows

Make My Day... N/A
Established Member
Good for 450hp. Six bolt cast crank, aluminum block and pm rods. It will do what I need it to do and probably live a long time without the Vortech.

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
Nice job, congrats! I want to pick up an aviator long block over the next year or two and put in cams, then add a ported short runner 01 cobra manifold, and longtubes before I drop it in. Maybe I'll find a mach 1 or 99/01 cobra motor cheap too.

Users who are viewing this thread