Average Highway MPG with basic bolt on mods?

Windows up and staying out of boost, the best I've managed is 18highway.

I do most of my driving with windows down and lots of boost. The best I see this way is 13-14 highway.

Grimster

Established Member
when I was stock I managed to stay on cruise control ( 65mph) for an entire tank of fuel on the interstate in one day (texas to oklahoma). I managed 24.5 mpg.

basic mods (intake, exhaust, pulley, tune) I have managed 21 mpg on 75% freeway / 25% city.

on a typical tank of gas, as long as I dont get into boost too much Im at around 18-19mpg

on a "fun" tank of fuel...well...no point in keeping track of the mpg's at that point :lol:

OH3BLKSVT

Screwed by the twins
Established Member
JLR RAI, Xpipe, Catback, 2.8 pulley and bama tune and I get 320+ miles per tank!

cobra=trouble

Established Member
My old stock motor with 2.6 averaged 26.8 all highway at 75 MPH with 3.73 gears. And got Max boost 1 time before wife told me to stop that.

MalcolmV8

Established Member
Tune on the car and how you drive it will make all the difference. When my car was remotely tuned I didn't get the benefit of the best possible timing and of course fuel economy. Tuner just sets timing at a safe number rather than dialing in exact MBT on a dyno at various loads at all the driving RPMs starting at 1500 rpm or so and working up. As a result 15 mpg highway.

SVTgsxrdude

Established Member
Driving from texas to north carolina I averaged 21mpg thats with a 72mm turbo and supporting mods.

cobra=trouble

Established Member
I love horse power and great MPG. Was going to go 3.27's .but will try out my new combo first.and get MPG on this build.

SVT Pille

Established Member
I get 22, did the math on the 320 mile trip home with the top down and did a few 2nd gear drops on the way. Cone filter, o/r-x, and a 3" catback for now.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
It is highly affected by how much you get into mid to higher boost, when your tune pulls more fuel. Staying out of boost is almost impossible. The best I ever got was around 15-17 city and 19-22 highway. These are NOT cars to buy for fuel economy, for sure.

kmadona

Established Member
I bought my car 4 years ago. 2.2 with supporting mods and a 3" pulley. I got 23 mpg driving it 330 miles. Last time I checked I was getting 19 on the interstate. No boost.

Users who are viewing this thread