Average gas mileage to and from for Mustang week?

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Just seeing what people were getting that drove to Mustang Week.

Mine with a 680 each way (florida) and the 200ish from myrtle to the track and averaging about 80mph, I was getting 22mph (remember I'm fully built with turbo)

02bigblackL

Established Member
I got 26+mpg on the way down from WV, and just over 22mpg on the way home. I'm the guy that Chris tuned at the track with the Ingot 2011 GT.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
I only got 15 mpg on the way down but the first 1/4 of the tank was around town prior to leaving. I haven't filled up yet from the trip back but I know it was better. The old pushrods just don't get what the modulars usually do (I averaged about 22-23 with my Terminator the last couple of years going down to MW).

saleencobra

Established Member
12.5 on the way down from detroit michigan 2011 Ecoboost F150
11.5 on the way home.

2ymf8gl.jpg

9pu8fd.jpg

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
12.5 on the way down from detroit michigan 2011 Ecoboost F150
11.5 on the way home.

That's pretty much exactly what we got in my buddie's 2011 Ecoboost F150 (also 4-door) towing his 04 Cobra on an open trailer... pretty much exactly like you LOL. We were a couple tenths of a mpg lower than you though :beer:

Does your truck have 3.73's or 3.55's?

99BlownVert

Established Member
dang i figured the ecoboost trucks would do alittle better than that on the interstate towing, i guess you just can't avoid weight haha

Teej281

Established Member
I got 25mpg in my IRS-equipped 02 GT Convertible with bolt-on's and a tune(3.55's in the rear). Also, that was with the A/C on most of the way as well.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
3:73's lol that's funny. that is the exact setup :):rockon:

haha yep my buddy's has 3.73's also :beer:

dang i figured the ecoboost trucks would do alittle better than that on the interstate towing, i guess you just can't avoid weight haha

yeah the weight kills it. We guesstimate we were towing about 5,000-5,200 pounds total behind us. The drive home from MB to WV really drank the gas because you are constantly going up in elevation till we get home. It's especially steep around Mt Airy NC/Fancy Gap VA and when we hit the WV state line. The truck averages about 19-20 mpg unloaded.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
So far those Ecoboost F-150's have been poor MPG providers. Everyone I know with one is complaining about the fuel but loves the power.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
So far those Ecoboost F-150's have been poor MPG providers. Everyone I know with one is complaining about the fuel but loves the power.

unloaded, both of my buddies' EcoBoost trucks put down 19-20 average mpg. I think that's dang good. That's not just highway mpg, but overall average. Pulling a load, it does like the gas. I guess it gets in the boost a bit. But I don't know that a 5.0 F150 would have returned any better than 12 mpg with a 5,000 pound load behind it?

BTW... ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL coupe!!!!

saleencobra

Established Member
I havent seen that kinda mileage unloaded. I avg 15 around town. it really sucks. idk why. i've got aout 13k on the truck too. :shrug:

DVJ38

One mod at a time
Established Member
I got a total round trip MPG of 29 miles per gallon in my 2011 hellion powered 5.0L Mustang GT

WOW! That's damn good for a car that puts down power.

I got 26 mpg average (which had a few 125 pulls and some messing around), but one tank I pulled off 30 mpg! I have to attribute it to the 2.73's I put in a week prior to the trip though hahahaha

Users who are viewing this thread