Avengers: Infinity War

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
What concerns me is the manner in which everything will be restored to the 24 hrs prior to whatshisname ending half of all life. Will it be more Hollywood b.s. or true to the comic which was entertaining.
I think it’s safe to say it won’t be ending in the same way as the comics. I haven’t read the comic, but I doubt it will follow that path.
What a movie! Seen it last night. Loved the Game of Thrones Easter Egg. If you want to call it that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
???

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
I think it’s safe to say it won’t be ending in the same way as the comics. I haven’t read the comic, but I doubt it will follow that path.
???

The dwarf plays Tyrion lannister on game of thrones.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
movie was awesome but someone explain me this..

2 of the most powerful avengers (scarlet and vision) got absolutely wrecked by thanos henchmen (proxima midnight and corbus). Then 5 minutes later proxima gets her butt handed to her by normal human black widow? And corbus goes down to cap and falcon? LOL WTF?

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Vision was wrecked in the ambush, and Scarlet Witch was emotionally wrecked and probably had trouble focusing her power efficiently. In any case, she was holding her own decently enough.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member

2 of the most powerful avengers (scarlet and vision) got absolutely wrecked by thanos henchmen (proxima midnight and corbus). Then 5 minutes later proxima gets her butt handed to her by normal human black widow? And corbus goes down to cap and falcon? LOL WTF?

I was telling my wife the exact same thing the other day! I'm a comic book geek...... Those two characters are some of the most powerful characters in the Marvel lineup. It's very odd seeing Vision portrayed the way he has been in the movies.

SolarYellow

Sensei
Established Member
Premium Member
???

And I didn't see the movie but do remember the comic since it was a decent time for comics.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Vision was wrecked in the ambush, and Scarlet Witch was emotionally wrecked and probably had trouble focusing her power efficiently. In any case, she was holding her own decently enough.

that doesn't explain how black widow was able to stand with proxima for any amount of time. Should have been nothing short of instant death for black widow. Power wise they aren't even in the same class. Widow is an insect to her.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
that doesn't explain how black widow was able to stand with proxima for any amount of time. Should have been nothing short of instant death for black widow. Power wise they aren't even in the same class. Widow is an insect to her.
Or how anyonoe on Titan stood up Thanos. Thanos bitch slapped Hulk around like he was nothing. But it's a comic book movie, so oddities are allowable imho.

VenomVeins

Established Member

Which is precisely why it is better that the storyline and characters have been somewhat changed from the comic book version of infinity war.

Thanos especially. I remember being like “WTF, this shit is STUPID” and swearing off marvel comics in 6th grade due to Thanos defeating every god, including ‘Eternity’. Dumbest ****ing shit ever. Totally idiotic.

Even in grade school, it felt like the dipshits at Marvel let a group of pock faced virgin teenage dumb****s run in EVERY possible direction with Thanos and his dickriding crew.

So whine and bitch all you want about all of the ‘Super’ characters getting owned by humans, but know that most of us actually enjoy it due to the scales being a little more balanced in the humans favor. In fact, the SMARTEST thing Stan Lee and the crew involved in making this did was take those incredibly stupid past storylines and TRASH them permanently. It was undoubtedly for the better.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Saw it again yesterday. Still amazing.

Vision was jacked up after getting stabbed by the blade which had the ability to actually cause damage to him, as he is supposed to be able to phase shift and not take physical damage. So his abilities were severely compromised at that point. Scarlet Witch also was taken off guard by the attack, and ends up having to not only "carry" Vision (both literally and figuratively) but fight off two pretty damn powerful beings.

Or how anyonoe on Titan stood up Thanos. Thanos bitch slapped Hulk around like he was nothing. But it's a comic book movie, so oddities are allowable imho.

In the above scenarios, you see how teamwork is emphasized versus 1v1. Hulk goes 1v1 against Thanos and gets wrecked. Also there's potential in this scene that this was Banner controlled Hulk, and not the uncontrollable rage-fueled version, thus Hulk is was not at full strength. This is also why Hulk is butthurt at Banner throughout and doesnt want to show, because he feels used by Banner only to get beat down. After their 5v1 on Titan start to succeed, and then fail because Starlord sucks, you saw them each individually attack Thanos and fail one by one. Black Widow can hold her own against them because she has help by others, who not only can help attack but distract.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Meh. 3/5 Stars

Thanos was a purple Homer Simpson and it was the typical Marvel CG Crapfest with uninspiring sound track.

Also, it blew my mind all the people upset over the disintegration of their favorite characters.

We all know they are coming back and there are 20 movies in the hoper.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Loki lived as well.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

Yeah.

Or like Loki gets his neck snapped but in Avengers he’s bounced off concrete a million times by Hulk and just shrugs it off. Thor gets his butt kicked but can handle the vacuum of space and being exposed to starblasts...

This is normally called “The Villain Throw”. Movies establish a villain as super strong and invincible, but can’t have the villain kill the hero, so the villain just throws the hero around until the hero finds a way to win.

Thanos could have been just ripped limbs off and busting skulls, instead we get him just tossing people around.

This is just sloppy story telling.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Meh. 3/5 Stars

Thanos was a purple Homer Simpson and it was the typical Marvel CG Crapfest with uninspiring sound track.

Also, it blew my mind all the people upset over the disintegration of their favorite characters.

We all know they are coming back and there are 20 movies in the hoper.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Loki lived as well.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Loki has died before.

Venom is scheduled to release, so we know Spiderman is coming back.

In fact, I see them all coming back.
Yeah.

Or like Loki gets his neck snapped but in Avengers he’s bounced off concrete a million times by Hulk and just shrugs it off. Thor gets his butt kicked but can handle the vacuum of space and being exposed to starblasts...

This is normally called “The Villain Throw”. Movies establish a villain as super strong and invincible, but can’t have the villain kill the hero, so the villain just throws the hero around until the hero finds a way to win.

Thanos could have been just ripped limbs off and busting skulls, instead we get him just tossing people around.

This is just sloppy story telling.
The sloppy script could be in the next movie. I see that movie being plotted around getting the stones back. Ultimately they need Dr. Strange's Time Stone. I expect the end of the next movie to be a recap, or rewrite of Infinity War with the Time Stone being used to rewind all that was done to a certain extent, and being all of the lost characters back.

There are quite a few Marvel Comic character spots to show. Capt Marvel will more than likely be the next movie's centerpiece. It wouldn't surprise me to see DeadPool show up for some twisted comic relief.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I thought it was pretty good, def better than Ultron. My bet is that Gamora is inside the the soul stone and will distract Thanos long enough for Nebula to get the gauntlet off of him.

Users who are viewing this thread