Available Turbo Kits

D.T.R

Established Member
What are the pros & cons of a single and a twin setup ?

I'd guess:
TT = Quicker spool but more complicated of a setup and more expensive?
ST = Cheaper, simpler, but could be laggie down low ?

Last edited:

98ss88mm

Established Member
Im a big single fan (see username). Mainly because I dont like the part throttle boosting, and I love how hard it hits when it comes on. But, I think it all depends on your application and goals. Ive never been into twins for a street car, just because its twice the crap and I dont care for having instant boost at all times. WOT or bust lol.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
One Word - HELLION

There is a reason that their system is on the highest horsepower 2011 5.0L Mustang GT and 5.0 Mustang & Fast Fords Magazines KOTS participant.

Car made an incredible 952.8 Rear Wheel Horsepower on Holley Performance's dyno.

30301322659406739708713.jpg

29357922707093734940013.jpg

30024422707099068272813.jpg

KenB

Established Member
One Word - HELLION

There is a reason that their system is on the highest horsepower 2011 5.0L Mustang GT and 5.0 Mustang & Fast Fords Magazines KOTS participant.

Car made an incredible 952.8 Rear Wheel Horsepower on Holley Performance's

What did it make without the nitrous and when are we actually going to see it make a pass? We are all dying to see what that power will run!

KenB

Established Member
It made 799 on 14psi without the nitrous if I remember correctly.

When is it going to the track? It's been awesome out there lately. Someone needs to break my manual turbo record, it's a pathetic record right now at 10.59! You guys should kill that with over 300 more rwhp.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
once we get a break from getting our customer's cars done. Why I never make it to the track till close to 10 lol

KenB

Established Member
once we get a break from getting our customer's cars done. Why I never make it to the track till close to 10 lol

Hey wait! I just thought of a great idea. Since we hurt our oil pump we aren't going to make the track rental on January 29th. It's on a Sunday so you guys can make it. I'll even give you my spot for free if you want it.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
Hey wait! I just thought of a great idea. Since we hurt our oil pump we aren't going to make the track rental on January 29th. It's on a Sunday so you guys can make it. I'll even give you my spot for free if you want it.

I'll run that by Chris. Pretty sweet offer Ken.

Dyno graph available?

No, Holley performance released the Dyno graphs to 5.0 Mustang magazine for their upcoming KOTS article. No dyno graphs were released to the vehicle owners. However, I do believe there is a video that American Muscle put together that has all the dyno pulls from all the cars. I'll look for it. Should have the dyno numbers listed on there.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
Here you go. Found it rather quickly.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXn09-nmSl8&list=UU6oDFPwm-ePPMb8lmToCcnQ&index=4&feature=plcp"]9 Mustangs and 7,176 Horsepower on the Dyno - 2011 King of the Street - YouTube[/nomedia]

As you'll see, we sheered the aluminum driveshaft at the welds and didn't get the 2nd run in. Guess those welds couldn't hold that kind of torque.

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member

Chris just told me that we have 2 customers that are attending this track rental and specifically asked him to be with them helping with their cars there. So Chris will have his hands full. He said he appreciates that offer though. If he wasn't busy helping customers, he'd be all over it.

If I wasn't on shift at the fire dept, I'd be there. But, duty calls.

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Get on it! I hate seeing you guys get flack for only posting dyno numbers. That car is bad ass. Let's see it roll out!

As do I!

Ill take it. LOL Need some seat time before NMRA

SteveG@Lethal

Established Member
Shit I wouldn't trust myself. Im still working with the 700hp range. Plus I want seat time in mine. Once my fuel system goes in, You will see me weekly up there working on my times. And thats a promise. lol Plan on running True Street with it to get my foot in the door and explore my options on what class to go towards. Would love to do Mod Muscle but need an auto first. LOL

J666Z

JohnnyZ06
Established Member
True Street? Really?

LAME!!!

Come on, run a competitive class. Trust me dude, you'll have more fun losing in that class than running 3 back to back runs in true street trying to get an average down. Nothing against true street. I'm sure it has it time of being fun, but I'd rather run in a class where it's about winning by beating the other guy.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread