Autotrader or Ebay or SVTP to sell Terminator

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
For those who have had success selling their Terminator in this economy (this year) please chime in.

Did you sell using Autotrader, Ebay, SVTP or ????

How long did it take to sell?

What did you sell for?

Briefly explain your car (color, mileage, mods, coupe or vert, etc)

Thanks!

Last edited:

G2Mach1

Cameltosis
Established Member
I have sold 2 cars through ebay and purchased my Cobra from SVTP.
The 2 cars I sold on EBAY were also on Autotrader and had zero responses there. On Ebay they both sold within 10 days... So I say no Bueno for Auto trader. Twas a waste of my money.

Cars:
03 Modded Mach 1
98 VW SC VR6 GTI

03CobraVertGrey

Screamin Banshee
Established Member
Thanks G2Mach1: was the cobra you bought on SVTP an 03/04? If so, how much did you pay for it and what was the mileage, etc? Thanks,

Who else has a story?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
Autotrader is more for older cheaper vehicles.

I'd post a Cobra on every free forum-based Mustang site that I possibly could.

Otherwise...Ebay it. Items ending on Sunday evenings during 'prime time' family hours (5-8pm) seem to bring higher prices.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member
Funny I sold 2 nice jeeps and my H2 on autotrader. The
H2 before it even made it to print. A guy flew up from Fla and handed me a certified check. I've also sold 3 cheap cars on e-bay but could never sell my more expensive cars on there (my H2 or 350Z).

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
Well everyone here knows the true cost of these cars, so if you sold it here you would probably not get as much as you would on eBay. More uneducated people will be on eBay and sometimes you can sell a car there for more than it's worth.

I would sell it here though. The people here are good to deal with (generally), and you can at least know your car will be going to somebody who will take care of it.

2814v

Established Member
I sold my 03 cobra, ox-white coupe, 13000 miles. Lightly modded, 2.91, CAI, mid-pipe, catback, KB springs and subframe, dyno-tune and some dress up parts for $27,500 back in November. Had it on Autotrader for less then a week, first guy that looked at it, bought it.
I also sold a 03 EAP SVT Focus in 2005 on craigslist.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I'd like to have 0.1-1.0% of the final sale price of everything sold on SVTP. I think there may be a software solution that does just that...

Jefe

Established Member
Not a Cobra but Ive tried all 3 multiple times and have had no luck in the last 2 years

saleen09

Slow A$$ Kenne Bell Cobra
Established Member
I'd like to have 0.1-1.0% of the final sale price of everything sold on SVTP. I think there may be a software solution that does just that...

Sid, several other message boards I am a member of "ask" for a flat donation if a item sells. This might be a good idea as well.

I have had good luck with Ebay and message boards in general for selling cars. In this market though, it's a tough call.

Zak Attack

Huge Member
Established Member
I work for Autotrader. I have thought about listing my truck on there. I bought 2 cars off Autotrader before I worked for them. It was fairly easy process both times.

phillySVT

Bang Bang
Established Member

damn...you would have made some dough off my transactions....at least 8-10 never gave me feedback. 2 car purchases and one car sale too!

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Sid, several other message boards I am a member of "ask" for a flat donation if a item sells. This might be a good idea as well.

I have had good luck with Ebay and message boards in general for selling cars. In this market though, it's a tough call.

I bought a piece of software that would have pay feature for The Market like a certain fee for bold or colored type, priority displays, pics shown without clicking the threads, etc. It would work like eBay. It would still be free to post a standard thread but the options would cost something. I may give that a try in the next month or so.

Mike K

مسافر عالمي
Established Member
I bought my old 03 vert from HBH a few years ago.

About a year ago i sold the 03 vert (kb 2.2L, lots of supporting mods, 10k miles) and I priced it at $30k with me delivering it to the new owners door. I felt i couldnt have gotten a little more for it but i was leaving for antarctica and needed to make sure it sold before i left. It was only in the market for 2 days when i had a buyer lined up.

I just bought my second cobra (mystichrome vert, few mods, 50k miles) from somebody off the forum for $23k but if i remmeber correctly he had it for sale for nearly 6 months. I don't know why it didn't sell sooner.

I have had great luck with this forum.

Qwk GT

Established Member
I sold my 95 gt back in march/april through craigslist. I was just about to try autotrader and ebay when finally someone picked it up. (3 months for sale)

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
When I sold mine I sold it via Autotrader. But your best bet is SVTP. I know if I was gonna buy one that is probably where I would buy mine from. Ebay is just a waste of money and you have too many tire kickers.

Users who are viewing this thread