Automatics

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
I'm considering converting my Gt 500 to an automatic. I use the car for street and track. What kind of autos are being used and which would be best for street and track use.

Coonsnake

Established Member
my 4r100 will be getting installed next week at JDM. Small 24-2600 stall, BTS built, overdrive that will hold 1000+hp

BigDan

Established Member
4L80 GM 4 speed overdrive auto with a stall converter and trans brake from TCI or similar company is what I would do.

Coonsnake

Established Member
probly have 10k in it by the time its done, but tranny is warrantied even with me racing and i know the install will be clean as factory. The car will hopefully be done and at the Bradenton NMRA for its debut if any of you guys will be there

FastOldGuy52

Established Member
probly have 10k in it by the time its done, but tranny is warrantied even with me racing and i know the install will be clean as factory. The car will hopefully be done and at the Bradenton NMRA for its debut if any of you guys will be there
Do you have a link form them?

Coonsnake

Established Member
this will be the first time for them to do the swap in a gt500. You can google Brians Truck Shop and find a ton of stuff about his trannys. But you can go to TeamJDM.com and get in touch with Jim Sr. about this install

wheelin

Established Member
I'm using lentech as he seems to be one of the best builders out there. My 2010 gt500 is getting a 4w70 as we speek. From what I've read a 4w70 is as strong or strong built than a 4l80.

mike

2kmelat

Established Member
Like to here how they are on the highway and see how long they last on the track

armycook1981

Established Member
using a 4r70w with electronic vb and OD, car uses stock auto shifter from my v6 platform so the PRND21 does not line up with new tranny which is minor you just count the clicks,

swap was done bye Powerhouse up in PA theve done them for plenty of 3v's and atleast two gt500 already

2kmelat

Established Member
using a 4r70w with electronic vb and OD, car uses stock auto shifter from my v6 platform so the PRND21 does not line up with new tranny which is minor you just count the clicks,

swap was done bye Powerhouse up in PA theve done them for plenty of 3v's and atleast two gt500 already

Mike @ powerhouse did my cage. they are great when I comes to turbos and tuning.

rdsnk46

Established Member
Man.........you guys are breaking my heart! :( So easy a caveman can do it! LOL! Goodluck!

Modular Racing

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
We use the Rossler 400 in most of our customers swaps, it is a 3 speed but a low reae gear ratio can be used with it to keep the rpm's down for street driving - very nice- unbreakable!

Rossler Transmissions

Anyone interested can PM us and we can help you with everything needed!

Users who are viewing this thread