Automatic in your Terminator

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
Depends on your rear gear ratio and tire diameter.
For 4.10 gears and a 25.7" diameter tire, 6800 RPM gives you about 127mph in 3rd (1:1), converter locked
3.73 gears will give you about 139mph on stock size tires
With 3.73 gears and 28" tires you can go about 152mph
No 4th gear (OD) runs at WOT

sloganish

Established Member
Depends on your rear gear ratio and tire diameter.
For 4.10 gears and a 25.7" diameter tire, 6800 RPM gives you about 127mph in 3rd (1:1), converter locked
3.73 gears will give you about 139mph on stock size tires
With 3.73 gears and 28" tires you can go about 152mph
No 4th gear (OD) runs at WOT

what about stock 3.55 gear?

hpbtmatch

Established Member
Just remember that like the T-56 (5th & 6th gears) you can't run WOT in 4th (OD); it puts too much load on the tranny in overdrive.

Wait a minute...I thought most guys don't run flat out in 5th and 6th on the T-56 is because of the potential of the engine to blow from lean condition (verses any strenght issues with the tranny)...

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
Decide on some of the basics first: manual or automatic valve body, trans brake, lock up converter, and what type of tranny control you want ( Mach1 auto, manual, or other controller). Good luck.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
its gonna be a Lentech Street terminator PLUS with a baummantor TCU and going with a PI converter, no brake or MVB....

already go that stuff in mind...and gonna be purchasing this stuff probably on monday...

I am mainly concerned with the speedometer (does the TCU control it) also, driveshaft length...can I use the factory T-56 crossmember with different isolator mount, how about shifter options...the B&M hammer is hidious as far as I am concerend, but seems to be the only direct replacement for a 99-04 GT or 03/04 mach 1 with autos...I am really looking int the Turbo Action Cheetah SCS ( realize that it is not a direct replacement) but I would much rather have a gate shifter vs a ratchet, but for some reason I am getting that the turbo action wont work with the 4r70w....

anyhow, thoes are my quesitons...not to metion will they clear my headers I am running the midlengh Bassani...all valid quesitons that in ALL of the reviews I have read, have not really been answered...most of them are OLD threads that were never updated with the latest knowledge or update in parts....but.....that is my main concern and questions...

as far as the drive shaft, I was told all I had to do was change the slip yoke, and it stuck out a bit farther, but still was in the safe range for spline engagement...

woodboy25

Established Member
man we are putting a TH 400 in my 03 snake sunday cant wate to see this run if you need help hit me and i can give you some tips on how to

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
its gonna be a Lentech Street terminator PLUS with a baummantor TCU and going with a PI converter, no brake or MVB....

already go that stuff in mind...and gonna be purchasing this stuff probably on monday...

I am mainly concerned with the speedometer (does the TCU control it) also, driveshaft length...can I use the factory T-56 crossmember with different isolator mount, how about shifter options...the B&M hammer is hidious as far as I am concerend, but seems to be the only direct replacement for a 99-04 GT or 03/04 mach 1 with autos...I am really looking int the Turbo Action Cheetah SCS ( realize that it is not a direct replacement) but I would much rather have a gate shifter vs a ratchet, but for some reason I am getting that the turbo action wont work with the 4r70w....

anyhow, thoes are my quesitons...not to metion will they clear my headers I am running the midlengh Bassani...all valid quesitons that in ALL of the reviews I have read, have not really been answered...most of them are OLD threads that were never updated with the latest knowledge or update in parts....but.....that is my main concern and questions...

as far as the drive shaft, I was told all I had to do was change the slip yoke, and it stuck out a bit farther, but still was in the safe range for spline engagement...

The TCU will control the speedo, but you have only 1/2 the pulses of the T-56. I used a Ford Racing speedcal to make it read correctly. I use a Diablo tune, but didn't see where I could double the pulses; SCT may have a way to do it. You have to have a correct speed input for the TCU to shift at the desired points; the software is great.

The stock T-56 driveshaft will work with an input snout change (Jegs or Summit) and a u-joint cahnge that adapts the larger driveshaft to the automatic snout; NAPA sells the u-joints.

As for shifters, there are not a lot of choices. Since you are going fully automatic, you tune the TCU to do the shifting and don't need the shifter to change gears unless you are at the track. The Hammer is not a bad choice.

I have a Lentech Strip terminator if you are interested with a Lentech converter from an 04 Cobra.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
I purchased all my stuff, but I have not put it in yet...

I got:
Lentech Street Terminator (no brake, cuz lentech said my car makes so much torque at 2400RPMs, it was not neccessary, due to line pressure)
PI converter multi disk for 2700RPM stall
DSS custom drive shaft, for 4R70W w/ large cobra rear flange
Baumannator TCS w/harness
MANY ford parts, like block plate, and dust cover, crossmember w/mount, brakets, bolts, Mach 1 auto brake pedal, trans bezel, ect......
B&M hammer, for direct fitment
and much more...

I am wanting to know if my headers will clear the bell housing...I have the Bassani mid-length...I am told they will fit, but its the cat system that will not clear unless I have the old style (bullit shaped cats)...but would like better confirmation...

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
yes, there response was "THEY WILL NOT FIT", but I dont think that is true...

I think its the x-pipe w/ cats that is the problem...but I guess I will find out when I go to install the tranny...

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
I think you are right, sense the mid lengths collector is by the bell housing. There are other places to get X pipes and mandrel bent pipes. I just got a universal kit from JEGS for $100 w/o cats. If you have SS, find you a good TIG welder and see what you can come up with to fit.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
its built right, and have a HUGE cooler...

as far as the exhaust, some guys are telling me to get the mach 1 cat back that was designed for the auto...but thoes headers would work...but I dont know until I try to get it in...

why would you say the 4R70W would not hold up...they are stronger than the t56

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
I think because there have been some early failures with the OD band at WOT and possibly when they forgot to turn off OD from a dead stop.
I shot some pics yesterday and will send them to you so you can see some of what I'm talking about for the parts you need.
On the mid pipe arrangement, you may need to wait and see how it fits. Does Bassani make a Mach 1 x-pipe setup for the auto?

Users who are viewing this thread