Automatic in your Terminator

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
ED, thanks for following this thread...that means you are doing homework on this swap, as I am.... :) I forwarded the pics to you that Mark sent me

Mark, thanks for shooting me the pics...the helped explain quite a few question....ED (screamin'04) is helping me put my auto in my car...he is the MAN!!

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
You are welcome soldier! Let me know what else I can help you with. You will love the auto...as long as you get the tires to hook.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
I am currently running the M&H 325/45/17's, but moving to 28x12.5x15's ET Streets...

more hooky the betta' ....

I hope, yes, I truely hope this helps my times out, and I am not wasting my time or money on this...my car ran a best of 10.70@131 with the T-56, and hoping to get single digit times...but I am putting about 40-50 more RWHP more, to make up the loss of the auto...changing from a 4lb lower to an 8lb lower, and changing injectors from 55lb to 80 lb...just to help the auto...

and doing major suspension mods...so that will help with short times...that will ultimately help with 1/4 times...

thanks again bro...and when you get more pics, I would LOVE to have some more....

QuickV8

▪█───────█▪
Established Member
i didnt think it could be done. thats good. my neice wants a 03/04 cobra but her dad wont buy her a stick shift.. so i'll let her know. but then she'lll have to pay someone to do all of that. not really worth it.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
anything can be done with some creative enginuity....

I am going to do it myself....not that big of a deal...well, I dont think...I will be doing my project in the next month...I already have all the parts and such...but....just need the time to do it...

if you used a mach 1 auto tranny, you would not have to have it built, it will hold up to the cobra HP output, if you dont do anything to the car other than your typical bolt ons...you know, pulley, chip, exhaust, CAI...ect... the mach 1 tranny is a bit stronget than the 4R70W, and indentical to bolt patter, and size...its merely internals that are different, and that tranny is a 4R75W....and a controller, pedal assembly, and you can use the stock mach 1 shifter for it too....

probably get away with...hhhmmm.....$2500ish for the swap...if you dont put anythig but factory mach 1 stuffl on...minor drive shaft issue, need to get different yoke, and a steeda spacer and mach 1 rear flange for the rear end...unless you have a custom driveshaft made like I did...but all the factory ford stuff I needed I bought from tousely ford, and paid like $500 for everything...and I got ALOT of extras that were not totally neccessary...the controller is about $500 with the harness neccessary from baumann...
the tranny you can find for between $1000-1500 with converter, and about 200-300 for insidentals.....but price shopping is the must to keep you around the $2500 mark...

not to mention, you will be able to unload the T-56 for $1000 if you sell as a package deal...fly wheel, bell, D/S, tranny, shifter, quadrant..ect, ect...so, you can recoupe some of the money....anyhow...

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
well, it was not that big of deal...I got the project compete, and runs like a freakin champ... if anyone ever has any question on what you need to install as far as factory ford parts, I will help you out..because every list I compiled was wrong...so I have a bunch of extra stuff that was unneccessary, and stuff that was not on all the lists that needed to be purchased....

either way...project complete and suprizingly the bassani mid-length headers cleared, with the bassani x-pipe with cats... its tight but it works...very minor modification to make it work...

any questions, just hit me up in this thread or a PM....

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
dialing it in is kinda rough...but it is just a bit of drive time to get it up and going...

...also, got the speedometer working, and the cruiz control to be functional again as well...

still having a blast with it...and the average street driving temp on the tranny is 160 degrees and on the highway it reads 140, but that is the lowest my temp gauge goes too... and when I beat it up around town, the highest temp I have seen is 180, so my trans cooler is in an awesome spot with plenty of clearance infront and behind it...

if there are any other questions out there...hit me up, more than willing to help out...

oh one more thing I wanted to mention...the basanni mid-length headers cleared the tranny and the bassani x-pipe with cats made it with NO modification, with the O2 sensor locations in the OEM place that were on the bassani system as well...

LBCobra

LONG BEACH TERMI
Established Member
dialing it in is kinda rough...but it is just a bit of drive time to get it up and going...

...also, got the speedometer working, and the cruiz control to be functional again as well...

still having a blast with it...and the average street driving temp on the tranny is 160 degrees and on the highway it reads 140, but that is the lowest my temp gauge goes too... and when I beat it up around town, the highest temp I have seen is 180, so my trans cooler is in an awesome spot with plenty of clearance infront and behind it...

if there are any other questions out there...hit me up, more than willing to help out...

oh one more thing I wanted to mention...the basanni mid-length headers
cleared the tranny and the bassani x-pipe with cats made it with NO modification, with the O2 sensor locations in the OEM place that were on the bassani system as well...

took you up on that offer i just pmd you looking for help on my swap thx:beer:

supraman1990

Established Member
Bumping this from the grave. Any new or updated info on this? I am toying with the idea of doing an auto swap sometime in the future. However, I want electronic shifting and it to look like it came there from the factory. Stock shifter and all.

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
You can have it all! I used a Buamannator control for shifting the 4R70 and it works very well. You can change the shift points with a simple program. I think I still have a nice stock shifter if you're interested; I went with the B&M Hammer ratchet shifter. I have some extra parts too if you're interested.

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
Baumann Engineering Controls has changed their product name and updated the style of their electronic controller: The US Shift Transmission Control System
Get their wiring harness and will connect to the stock automatic wiring harness with a few other connections for power and ground. Mine is the older Baumannator, and works very well. Might look around for a used one and the wiring harness in the Market or eBay.

99Blkcobravert

Established Member
There are a few circuits I used from the T56 harness, like power, back-up lights and speed sensor output. You need a harness from an automatic to control the shifting with the external computer(controller) and connect the the harness that you buy with the controller.

Users who are viewing this thread