Automatic in your Terminator

cobra=trouble

Established Member
If I can get a used 4R75W core to build will it work? Or needs to be a 4R70W anything different except for vss sensor in the middle of the case?

UARPREY

Established Member
So if you go with the Baumann/US Shift trans controller, is it neccesary to modify the vehicles original wiring harness?

And is there for a sure answer on what you gotta do with the exhaust? X pipe for a automatic Mach 1?

Last edited:

cobra=trouble

Established Member
03 Steve

ATTN. 03STEVE do they make a manual VB in non reverse pattern? And without a trans. Brake? I dont think I could get the Baumannator dailed In by myself. Also I dont know about lockup or non lockup converter. Not a drag car at all and not a daily driver either.i do plan to take it on long trips Vacations. I just have serve arthritis that make a std. Transmission difficult especially in stop and go traffic .
Will the Manual VB. Be harsh shifting up and down. And who do you recommend getting the 4R70W from and conv. New combo will put out guessing 700/600 instead of what is in my sig. Thanks

Edit..also I wont need a high stall speed I havs 3.73s with 315s something around 2400 am thinking cause of 2.6 KB and Boss 5.0 big bore motor should have great low end grunt

Last edited:

Shmokinjoe

Established Member
Anyone who has done this with a Baumann/US shift controller....for the speedometer to work do you connect to the OSS wire(DG/WH) or the vehicle speed wire(WH/OG)? I am on the white and orange with no speedo and setting a code.

That article was good but it's kinda outdated, the pictures don't work anymore and it uses a mach 1 controller. It would be nice if we could get a good thread going with all the useful info that everyone has leaned in one place.

FSTMRFR

FaST MotheR Fuc keR
Established Member
I use the Baumann, and all of the wiring instructions came with the specific harness from baumann... i presume you purchased it as well?? I dont remember off the top of my head on this, but I know I followed those instructions, and it worked... you could also call Baumann... they are pretty helpful on the phone... they are supposed to be releasing new firmware for it as well... supposed to correct the "hucklebuck" (down shifting/upshifting problem) and lock up is supposed to work now when you set the perameters in the software... for some reason it only worked if you had a manual switch...

...I have changed my set ups since my install (in 2010)... I have trans brake and two step ... and it runs at full line pressure all the time...

Mach828

Established Member
This is just the thread I needed. I'm doing this swap, and going to try and control it with the Mach 1 ecu. J mod, Rebestos red clutches. Sonax sure kit. And hardened intermediate shaft.

03Steve

Established Member
I use a 2004 GT PCM with my current combo. 03-04 all have the same clock speed, Mach or GT. Good luck!

Regulars520

Established Member
Anybody do this swap using the PCS Simple Shift controller? I have my 4r70w installed and am curious about any issues anybody had as far as speed sensor, wiring, etc... Mine is in a 99 cobra with a termi swap. What had to be done about the speed sensor reading the right speed?

stangfreak

Established Member
Im going to do the swap. freddy brown is close to me. People tell me that you loose top end lets say if your roll racing fooling around and stuff with the auto

LordVader04

Established Member
Im going to do the swap. freddy brown is close to me. People tell me that you loose top end lets say if your roll racing fooling around and stuff with the auto

My top end suffered a little bit, due to the fact I had 4.10s, but I did a lot of roll racing and the auto performs well. I just finished a solid axle build and opted for 3.55s, so I guess I will see if there is a large difference very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread