Autoblog 2010 GT500 Review

GTSpartan

Yield right!!!!
Established Member
wow no thoughts?

autoblog could not seem to get past the live axle???? too bad they missed out on a great car!;-)

To please everyone, this is what Ford should do:

1 Go with the AL block for 2011, save ~100#
2 Put in a proper IRS, gain ~100#

Net net, you get a better handling car that weighs essentially the same, and has much better weight dist f/r. Sure, the cost would go up a few g's, but who the hell really cares. People are already paying $50k plus for these Mustangs.

On a side note, the car looks sick, except for the rear. It needs some work. Everything else is spot on.

281028.jpg

Last edited:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member

Net net, you get a better handling car that weighs essentially the same, and has much better weight dist f/r. Sure, the cost would go up a few g's, but who the hell really cares. People are already paying $50k plus for these Mustangs.

On a side note, the car looks sick, except for the rear. It needs some work. Everything else is spot on.

this is what ford should do. and everything with a few extras cost 50k these days. just look at the supercrew 250's....

Blaine

Established Member
LoL. Right toss in an IRS. Then they will complain about it not having a Live Axle due to the EXTREME wheel hop on launches caused by it.

Put in 1.00g+ handling... the complain its too rough. Make it ride smoother and they complain it should be stiffer and handle better.

You can't make magazines like Motortrend/R&T.. ect. happy. They love their IMPORT crap. They wouldn't know a good car if it fell on them.

Also I just don't dig the new look... I can't get over the rear end. I guess I have to see one in person.

Last edited:

earl lee

Established Member
LoL. Right toss in an IRS. Then they will complain about it not having a Live Axle due to the EXTREME wheel hop on launches caused by it.

Put in 1.00g+ handling... the complain its too rough. Make it ride smoother and they complain it should be stiffer and handle better.

You can't make magazines like Motortrend/R&T.. ect. happy. They love their IMPORT crap. They wouldn't know a good car if it fell on them.

Also I just don't dig the new look... I can't get over the rear end. I guess I have to see one in person.

It already has crazy wheel hop with an sra right? Though you are right, the rags will never be happy. Even if ford fixed all of that, they will say it weighs to much. So its a never ending battle. Let them enjoy there eurotrash cars.

chuckstang

Established Member
Here is a better idea, put in a proper Watts Link and then you have the best of both worlds.

The car handles just like an IRS with a proper Watts vs the panhard.

I have had both and now I have to be careful aound fast corners with bumps with a panhard but with a good watts, it has no problem at all.

Ford should just build a proper Watts and be done with it, oh but that means it cant break like my POS Saleen unit

CobraRed01

CornerCarvinCravin
Established Member
I think the review was pretty balanced and they were certainly hyped about the 2010 GT500. Interesting how others access the skittish nature of the SRA on less-than-smooth twisties. For most it's a non-issue. For others it's really apparent. My guess is you'll never see an IRS in the 'Stang as the SRA and chassis are really sorted out by now and the S197 handles excellent for 90% of conditions. For many Mustang reviewers it always gets back to....if it only had... 1) an aluminum block, 2) an IRS, and 3) a bigger motor/more HP...it would be perfect. Looking forward to 2010 and then 2011...2 out of 3 ain't bad.

281028.jpg

More Butt-Fix-Pics...
NewGT500sm.jpg
NewGT500SideSm.jpg

PowerWheels

Anti-Bullshit
Established Member
It's not so much the tail lights as the plastic at the bottom. Could the aftermarket fix this?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

i agree, i would love to have an IRS, if they came out with a new IRS, i would convert mine over as soon as i could.

Dave07997S

Established Member

Blain the car axle hops now with a LRA requiring the aftermarket to correct this.

I own import crap and I have always been a Ford Mustang lover all my life. I own a 997S and yet I still love to come to this website and I still love Stangs..especially the GT500. Yet there is a reason why these mags love Porsches, BMW's and such. Ford should build this car to be the antithesis of these cars. Beating them at their own game but for less money. I vote for the IRS.

I love the way the 2010 GT500 looks...simply great.

Dave

Last edited:

Formula51

Established Member
Car looks beautiful and mean at the same time. Without a doubt, the rear could be better, but DAMN, that thing looks good!

If money was not an issue, I would choose that over a new Camaro SS anyday.

Look at is this way, if you are going to buy a heavy car (GT500 or Camaro) you might as well buy one that can run 11's stock and has an engine, rear end, and transmission/clutch that have proven they can take a beating all day long. The ability to make close to 600rwhp with bolt on's isn't bad either!

Users who are viewing this thread