Australia nightclub bans staring without 'verbal consent' of the other person.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I had to read the title of this Fox News article and read the article in its entirety because I thought it was either a joke, or I was reading it wrong. But nope, it's for real.

So, an Australian nightclub, Club 77 in Sydney is implementing a policy that bans individuals from staring at each other without prior consent of the person being stared at. It's considered "harassment" without their consent. Law enforcement may be called if patrons engage in that behavior. :eek:

The nightclub warns, "As a nightclub, we encourage you to interact with strangers, however any engagement MUST begin with verbal consent. This also applies if you are, for example, staring at someone from afar. If the attention you are giving someone is unwanted, that is considered harassment."

"This is a joke, right?" one user responded. Another user wrote, "Guess everyone will just have to walk around looking at either the floor or ceiling or have some ‘staring’ NAZI throw you out."

Here's the entire article for any who wants to read this nonsense.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Raving Night Club GIF

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
Those ****in Aussies

I love my Australian Shepard’s though

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
Good find, Bob. I'm sure you want to avoid that spot, because everyone wants to ogle over a older man from the northeast. Those pasty buns of yours would mesmerize any man or woman on Earth.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Good find, Bob. I'm sure you want to avoid that spot, because everyone wants to ogle over a older man from the northeast. Those pasty buns of yours would mesmerize any man or woman on Earth.
You're not worth but 5 seconds of my time, KingNobody, so I'll say this quick. Just........

Benedict Cumberbatch Drinking GIF

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Im guessing after you had ur bowl of Dicks for breakfast you began reading this book again......

45BEEA25-7678-4F58-9CDF-15FA166DF3AB_4_5005_c.jpeg

JAJ

Rapidly Losing Interest
Established Member
Really? Take this place off places I want to visit.
Really? This "policy" is a stroke of marketing genius! Think about it - the club tells women that they won't feel harassed if they come there. Women will like that, so they turn up in droves. Now, nothing attracts men better than lots of women, so men turn up in droves too. The (desired) result? The club is absolutely packed with men and women, who, by the way, are all laughing about pink shirts and crazy rules. It's genius.

Users who are viewing this thread