Audio from 1943 British Bombing Run

TAF

Trilogy Twin Screwed #004
Established Member
My father-in-law flew B17-E. 34 missions. More of a man than I could EVER be. Came home to Pittsburgh and took over his Grandfather & Father's roofing business, which he ran till his death. Real work. Was always nice to me, meanwhile I knew I was in the presence of one bad ass Man.

Those are fewer a farer between these days.

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
Amazing how calm and collected they are facing almost certain death, injury, or capture.

Dudes today aren't much different in combat. It's only in the movies you see all the drama.

Some US infantry.

I'll have to keep looking for the Taffy 3 audio from the Battle of Samar. USS Johnston was some balls of steal shit. Commander Evans would be awarded the Metal of Honor.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Dudes today aren't much different in combat. It's only in the movies you see all the drama.

Some US infantry.

I'll have to keep looking for the Taffy 3 audio from the Battle of Samar. USS Johnston was some balls of steal shit. Commander Evans would be awarded the Metal of Honor.

I think there are still many men with the same grit and courage, I think a lot of the guys on this very forum display the same character, but it's becoming very few and far between. It's a mindset that allows a person to do those things and you can see who has it and who doesn't. Society rejects that mindset but many still cling to it because it's the key to survival.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Real men! Heroes, every one of them! A rare breed. Their character and poise and courage needs to be reborn. It really does. I salute them all.

Salute Honor GIF by CBS

Users who are viewing this thread