Audi RS7 APR stage one 0-100

ArabianOak

Established Member
Prob not mid 130s tune only. Full bolt on, yeah, id then agree.

These guys did 129mph at damn near sea level on your tune.

Car is BAF any way you slice it so enjoy!

Yes. But keep in mind we get negative DA this time of year near me AND that pass was on 93 octane tune.

From 93 to 100 octane is nearly a 60hp difference. So I think a mid 10 and 132-134 trap speed is possible with good weather and that 100 tune.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Yes. But keep in mind we get negative DA this time of year near me AND that pass was on 93 octane tune.

From 93 to 100 octane is nearly a 60hp difference. So I think a mid 10 and 132-134 trap speed is possible with good weather and that 100 tune.

Very well could be... There's also a good chance APR has updated their tune since that video so who knows.

The guy at my local track last night was full bolt on running mid 10s ... his mph was 126-128 pretty much all night. Our DA sucks out here though; although DA doesn't affect turbo cars nearly as much as NA or blower cars.

I guess there's only one way for you to find out!!!

_Snake_

Established Member
They’ll run low 10’s at 130+ with just a tune. I watched two of them do it over and over again earlier this year at a private track rental.

ArabianOak

Established Member
I'd be happy with ANYTHING in the 10's...this is my daily driver, so that seems good enough for me...haha.

The silly part about these cars is how easy they are to launch and drive fast. If I took my ZR1 to the track I would spin through 3rd and run 12.5@131! lol.

Never_Enough

Established Member
Had a 17 rs3, didn't like it, love my rs7 so much more. But i'm getting older like a bigger car.
Didn't like it just due to size?

OP, that shit is moving! Only found 3 on AT under $60k so they need to hurry up & depreciate more, then I'll just buy that shit & **** the ZL1 & Hellcat etc lol

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Had a 17 rs3, didn't like it, love my rs7 so much more. But i'm getting older like a bigger car.
What didn't you like about it?
In all honesty, I'd rather have a coupe anyways. I don't need the 4 doors and it won't be daily driven. The '18 RS 5 coupe looks pretty bad ass.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
I’ve seen these cars trap 136mph tune only, and then also trap 129mph and run the exact same times. Trap speeds seem to be all over the place. Depends on what tune file you’re running. Run 104 octane tune, and 800lb/ft of torque overpowers the narrow sidewall tires and you trap high. Run 93 or 100 and the trap speed drops but times don’t suffer.

Once you go beyond downpipes, there’s not a ton you can do to these. But there’s really no need to. I’d rather clap out my hellcat or gtr going for 9’s, and save this car for nights out with the wife and embarrassing unsuspecting cars on the highway

fangstang

Established Member
I'd be happy with ANYTHING in the 10's...this is my daily driver, so that seems good enough for me...haha.

The silly part about these cars is how easy they are to launch and drive fast. If I took my ZR1 to the track I would spin through 3rd and run 12.5@131! lol.

Would you please give me an idea of your experience thus far as far as daily driving is concerned? You can PM me if you like. Job promotion has me seriously considering one.

ArabianOak

Established Member
Would you please give me an idea of your experience thus far as far as daily driving is concerned? You can PM me if you like. Job promotion has me seriously considering one.

It’s excellent. Car is incredibly comfortable. And in drive mode (not sport mode) it drives like a beautiful luxury car. If you test drive one you’ll be leaving with it. Trust me. Lol.

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
test drove a 16 rs7 but wasnt too impressed. Does a tune and exhaust make a big difference?

fangstang

Established Member
It’s excellent. Car is incredibly comfortable. And in drive mode (not sport mode) it drives like a beautiful luxury car. If you test drive one you’ll be leaving with it. Trust me. Lol.

Thanks. What kind of MPG are you seeing while commuting?

o2gt

Established Member
Seems like a tune on these cars makes a big difference. My wife and I bought an s3 for her today. Its a really fun car not tons of power but but it does well with what it has. Hopefully I can convince her a tune is a good idea at some point.

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member

Of course it makes a good daily driver---that's what it's designed for. You don't buy this car if you're strictly looking to get from point A to point B. It also makes a horrible road course car. You buy it to be able to haul absolute ass, and 3 passengers. You buy it so that 99% of people on the road have no clue, and the 1% that matter, know what you're driving.

Some will disagree with this perspective, but I will tell you my gen 2 ctsv and Chevy SS with mag ride, actually rode better when it comes to soaking road bumps and drive/seat comfort for highway miles. But the build quality of the Audi is second to none. The bang and olaufsen stereo is simply the best I've experienced by an order of magnitude.

I routinely get 26mpg freeway with this car. Maintenance is supposedly a little rough. Brakes last anywhere from 20-30k miles, same with tires. And they're not cheap to replace.

Users who are viewing this thread