Audi R8 in the snow

TripleBlackVert

Meh whatever!
Established Member
A dusting of snow? Really? 6 inches is a dusting now?

6" where??? Maybe b4 they plowed then smashed the rest down. Either way if he was trying to be sarcastic he succeeded.
weaksauce.jpg

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
Nothing special here, but yea how did snow get UNDER the hood

Uh people the engine compartment isn't sealed off. Its still accessible from the bottom of the car and also for the air intakes for the cooling system.

And that really wasnt that much snow for a AWD car.

CalcVictim

Resident douchenozzle
Established Member
It's funny how the conclusion is that a guy who drives his 150k car in the snow is a moron yet the guy writing it is smart, yet doesn't make enough to buy the same car. Please spare me the bullshit that you drive a Mustang even though you can easily afford a Lambo.

I know that he is a journalist, I am referring to the posts before the facts were posted.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
not a big deal for an AWD car.

my AWD DSM buddies take their cars up to snow all the time in worse conditions than that, and they dont have snow tires or any tires rated for weather conditions by a longshot......

Last edited:

UniqueSVT

Established Member
I think it is pretty unique that a performance car like the R8 can be driven year round. I know my Term will not see the elements until at least March here in PA. I guess if I were spending $100K it'd be cool driving it whenever I would like, even though I probably wouldn't.

I do agree that there wasn't much snow on the ground in the video as I've seen roads around here that have no resemblance of a road yet people, including me, are getting where they need to. Haven't passed any R8's though since it started snowing a few weeks ago.

I think the R8 is an amazing vehicle but the video could have been a million times better.

Squeeler92

HE IS A JOURNALIST MORONS

ALL OF HIS ARTICLES HAVE A FUNNY TWIST TO THEM. Go read AUTOMOTIVE. IMO the only journalist they have who is really good.

LIGHTEN UP people, What the ****.

Ironic how this is probably the most uptight post in the entire thread ...

A dusting of snow? Really? 6 inches is a dusting now?

Maybe in Texas it would be a big deal, but in the Northeast, yes, it's hardly anything to get excited over. With that amount of snow on the ground, I wouldn't be at all concerned about going somewhere in a 2WD car unless they were equipped with summer tires.

Users who are viewing this thread