Audi R8 in the snow

BeattySTi

Import Traitor
Established Member
I think its cool. I think having a car like that that you can plow around in the winter is badass. I loved...absolutely loved plowing through the snow in my STi especially when i would go past bimmers and mustangs getting stuck and sittin there spinning. I think its the best of both worlds with that r8, amazing summer performance and year round capability with ease.

Drew1204

Established Member
Here is one of a GTR with more than just that dusting of snow the R8 was driving through.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQlnGB5KsoE"]YouTube- NISSAN GT-R drifting in snow.[/ame]

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I swear the ignorance of people on this site sometimes amazes me.

He was just merely sharing a piece of automotive experience with people who will never get behind the wheel of an R8. The guy was being sarcastic through most of the film. He was basically just showing us that if you want to have fun in the R8 when it snows, you can.

brisk_tea

Established Member
wow.... the guys a journalist for Automobile Magazine...

They have about 10 or so cars at any one time, and they use them for everything to show how useful, etc. the cars are.

Currently they have this R8, a GTR, latest evolution, and crappy econo cars, etc. At the end of each issue they show current mileages, and costs to own the cars.

So far, in the category of supercars, the R8 is the best dollar for dollar supercar there is that is currently available. They openly state, that they doubt any real owners would do or use the cars the way they do, but if anyone wanted to, they show what to expect. I believe the ford gt is 2nd, but not currently available new, so it's no longer mentioned or compared...

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
I want to see a GTR and R8 race in the snow.

There needs be be at least 3 inches of snow on Nthe course though.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
Ive seen a Viper and multiples of Vettes in the white stuff. Its definitely a point a laugh type scene.

I've only seen 1 C5 on the street, but heres a short video of a friends vette loading it onto his trailer... Not really snow, but cold weather and ice (he meant to get the tires loose..).

[ame=http://s294.photobucket.com/albums/mm111/Camaro9461/?action=view&current=3-12-08028-1.flv]
th_3-12-08028-1.jpg
[/ame]

WeeZee

Member of NMRA
Established Member
Sick car and Audi has an advanced AWD system, but his important thing to do was bed bath & beyond "what a tool"

Those R8's are sexy as hell and I would love to have one but $100k+ for a car is just crazy

openaccount

Established Member
HE IS A JOURNALIST MORONS

ALL OF HIS ARTICLES HAVE A FUNNY TWIST TO THEM. Go read AUTOMOTIVE. IMO the only journalist they have who is really good.

LIGHTEN UP people, What the ****.

DriftwoodSVT

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Established Member
wow he drove an AWD car on a street with a dusting of snow. i should have taken video of me delivering pizzas in my fox body during colorado winters. cool car that Audi, but that was weak.

A dusting of snow? Really? 6 inches is a dusting now?

stangposse

Established Member
That's Ezra Dyer. He writes for Automobile. Ofcourse he's not going to have a mansion.

But still, this video is weak. I drove 8 inches of unplowed snow last weekend in my Accord.

I have no problem with those who need an AWD to feel secure and safe, but I get so aggravated when all the traffic jams & accidents during snowstorms involve some feeble pilot of an AWD vehicle. I wish they made an R8 in RWD!!!!

FromGTtoSVT

can't believe I am still here
Established Member
I wonder how many members outside of Boston area know that even a tiny little house like that can easily run for 300k+.........

+10000000 on that one!!!

and the funny thing is....that house was probably worth more becuase I think I saw water in the backround

I still want to know how snow got on the motor

Users who are viewing this thread