ATV Sticker Shock!

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Holy Hell! I decided to give my 1998 TrailBoss 250 to my son in law. Figured I would pick up a new 450 or 500cc 4x4 utility ATV. I knew prices had gone higher the last few years, but holy crap! Pretty much $10,000+ OTD on any brand but CF Moto.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yep.

Surprised that you're surprised. I figured you'd be driving by your local ATV dealers over the last few years and been familiar with the costs!

see-what-i-did-there-neil-degrasse-tyson.gif

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Yep.

Surprised that you're surprised. I figured you'd be driving by your local ATV dealers over the last few years and been familiar with the costs!

No, LOL, I was checking inventory. I also figured since UTV inventory recovered, ATV did also. Not the case, the OEM's prioritized the UTV's with higher margins.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
eh, I have a 2012 honda foreman rubicon (500cc and carb), auto with power steering and a quick google shows it went for close to 8k. I bought mine still new in the crate in 2014 from a small dealer, I think I paid around 6500 for it+ tax and the winch.

floors me how many people are running around in 20k+ SXSs with 5k+ in mods and just thrashing them

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Depends on what youre shopping for and the region youre in. A nice SxS can be had for prices similar to 2019 prices. They spiked HARD (like everything) during the Covid, but are now selling for much less than MSRP.

We have a guy at work who bought the exact unit listed below new in 2021. He paid $50k OTD after mark ups lmaooo

andymarkv

Established Member
Depends on what youre shopping for and the region youre in. A nice SxS can be had for prices similar to 2019 prices. They spiked HARD (like everything) during the Covid, but are now selling for much less than MSRP.

We have a guy at work who bought the exact unit listed below new in 2021. He paid $50k OTD after mark ups lmaooo

Damn...I can't recalibrate what stuff is worth? I'm sure that SxS RIPS!!
But at $30K...I could buy this 6.2 Raptor & have almost $10K leftover to put a weekend worth of fuel through it...
https://www.wincdjrfranklin.com/inv...0-svt-raptor-4wd-super-cab-1ftex1e62afd85015/
Raptor.jpg

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
They are pricey indeed. SHit, I paid $22k for mine back in 2016 and I truly couldn't believe the cost.

the 4 door ones are cool out in the sand and shit but not in the woods. A friend has one of the Honda turbo ones they're selling now, going through the woods in NC might as well be driving a limousine. I wouldnt mind having a little 2 seater to mess around with but overall I still like having an atv

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
the 4 door ones are cool out in the sand and shit but not in the woods. A friend has one of the Honda turbo ones they're selling now, going through the woods in NC might as well be driving a limousine. I wouldnt mind having a little 2 seater to mess around with but overall I still like having an atv

Love my 2 seater. 4 seater is nice and handles the whoops well, but I prefer the lighter, better handling 2 seat units.

CompOrange04GT

Anyone have a strap on my girl can use on me?
Established Member
Yep.

Don’t worry. Recreational market price copy pastes are coming

BlckBox04

I am the liquor
Established Member
Premium Member
I paid $10k for my anniversary Raptor 750R in 2010. I'm surprised they aren't triple that now brand new

03venomdsg

Established Member
Anyone have a Yamaha Kodiak 450 EPS? Like it?
Father in law has one, no complaints. His is the 700 though. I've ridden it a few times in the hills of PA it is nice, but if you're riding with a passenger the grizzly is the way to go. The grizzly has a slightly larger frame.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Price have been up there for a while. My stuff is a little older but I bought them new.

2014 Can AM Maverick was 16K
2016 Arctic Cat 6000RR was 13K

That was sticker which I didn't pay close to.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
I know i looked at a 2023 canam and polaris the other day...14k and it wasnt fancy lol

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
We really need to replace the the 05 mule 310 we have, thing is gutless wonder. It'll get you there...eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread