Attn: Street Racers

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
This is what happened in my community today. A 6th grade girl walking home from school hit by one of two cars which were drag racing on the street. She is in critical condition in the hospital and the two guys are in jail. Don't let this happen to you.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Street racing on populated roads during the day, weaving in and out of traffic, etc. is quite a bit different than going from a roll on a desolate stretch of highway at 2 A.M.

You can't just group street racers into one category; there are some who are smart (oxymoron?) about it and there are some that are just moronic and race with blatant disregaurd for the saftey of others around them.

It's like being racist, except it's towards a race called "street racers". :D

SlowSVT

Established Member
When I run someone I don't go overboard and will shut down at the slightest sign of trouble and will not endanger other people for the sake of a win. I've seen some real morons on the road who won't stop at nothing to prove their point. Young kids are the worst! I'll let them pass and so they can bask in their victory and hopefully not endanger anyone else.

That story about the girl getting hurt is tragic. Not only for her and her family but for the two bozo's that caused it in the first place and THEIR families as well. My thoughts go out to the girl and hope she recovers.

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
SlowSVT said:
When I run someone I don't go overboard and will shut down at the slightest sign of trouble and will not endanger other people for the sake of a win. I've seen some real morons on the road who won't stop at nothing to prove their point. Young kids are the worst! I'll let them pass and so they can bask in their victory and hopefully not endanger anyone else.

That story about the girl getting hurt is tragic. Not only for her and her family but for the two bozo's that caused it in the first place and THEIR families as well. My thoughts go out to the girl and hope she recovers.

The problem is someone can pop up out of absolutely nowhere and you're in the same boat these guys were...and you're life as you know it is over.

Tragic. I feel for their families. And I pray for the little girl.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
FireRed04Vert said:
The problem is someone can pop up out of absolutely nowhere and you're in the same boat these guys were...and you're life as you know it is over.

That is so true. Do you guys know how many people have critically injured or killed someone when they "thought" the circumstances were "safe". There are scores of people having to live through the horrors of killing another person for thinking that very thing. The definitition of 'accident' is "an unexpected and undesirable event". I think the definition speaks for itself. Don't be deceived into thinking you can race safely on the street and the above could never happen to you. And remember that when, and if, it does, another innocent person (or more) has to suffer for your mistake. So please drive responsibly and safely. Save the fast stuff for the track -- where it belongs. JMO.

badsube

Rescue Chief
Established Member
on sunday, jan 14, i responded to a one car mva with ejection. witnesses stated that there were two cars racing side by side when one lost control, rolled and ejected the one victim. these guys were racing on a three lane road, the center lane being a turn-only lane. it occurred right in front of our headquarter station. we arrived almost immediatley, but the victim was killed instantly. he was only driving a toyota sedan. now everytime i come to the firehouse, i have to see the cross his family put-up right across the street. street racing is a risky thing to partake in. just my opinion. oh, and or course, the other racer didn't stick around.

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
So it was a carolla vs am accord? Seriously, I didn't even know those crap wagons could go fast enough to hurt somebody.

In all seriousness though, it's tragic that somebody had to get hurt.

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
98% of the races where somebody gets hurt its rice involved.

Domestics do it at 3 am near factories with NO traffic.

MTI LS1

Felony conspiracy to commit a crime??

Definately a terrible thing to happen, but sometimes they make these incidents out to be pre-meditated attacks. Dumb ass people racing down public roads at 2 in the afternoon. I hope that the little girl is fine.

I just dont honestly believe these guys should be sent to jail for the rest of their lives. Definately stupid and inexcusable but its like they just commited double homicide.

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
BigZach said:

Definately a terrible thing to happen, but sometimes they make these incidents out to be pre-meditated attacks. Dumb ass people racing down public roads at 2 in the afternoon. I hope that the little girl is fine.

I just dont honestly believe these guys should be sent to jail for the rest of their lives. Definately stupid and inexcusable but its like they just commited double homicide.
The girl was thrown 20-30 feet, had multiple fractures and just came out of having brain surgery. What do you think the consequences should be?

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Race related races are worthless...domestic race episodes are usually held on freeways/interstates...not school zones.
The police are cracking down on street racing where I am from and they do take it lightly when you are caught :uh oh:

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
BigZach said:

Jesus. That's just exactly what they did! They conspired to race illegally, went out and did it, and damn near killed a little girl!! If she dies, it IS homicide!

I'm willing to bet there isn't a single one of us here who hasn't jabbed the throttle against someone at one time or another. But as we get older, wiser, and read stories like this, I hope we all see what the tragic consequences can be. And not just the little girl...but the drivers too. Their lives...and the lives of their loved ones...will never be the same.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
VirtualSVT said:
98% of the races where somebody gets hurt its rice involved.

Domestics do it at 3 am near factories with NO traffic.
And where did you get those statistics from? Truth is, it happens usually when someone with a hot muscle car encounters another car (muscle car or ricer) and there is a challenge. That could be any time of the day or night. And the one challenged rarely backs down IMO. So let's be realistic about the fact that a race most certainly can occur at any time and often at a place where the public is not excluded. This topic really gets me hot because too many people just plain drive irresponsibly and could care less about the public. The fact that the other car in the example above took off proves my point.

Herer's a challenge to anyone. If street racing is considered to be safe if done at 3 AM and on what appears to be an empty street or empty freeway, would you race with your 6 month old child in the car? Or your wife? Or your mother? And if the answer is NO, then you're admitting it is potentially dangerous. And that alone should make it crystal clear that ANY form of racing doesn't belong on ANY public street or highway. Please use the race tracks that are designed for this stuff.

97Stangv6

Distractions suck....
Established Member
FireRed04Vert said:

I cant speak for other people but down here we run on the bridges where if we crash the ONLY people in any danger is the people in the cars racing. One side is water the other side is water with a easy 100ft+ to the bridge going the other direction. And if going the one direction we mostly go the other bridge is about 30ft+ higher.

Last edited:

WHITESVTCOBRA

Established Member
I know I don't race my car with other people in the car that do not wan't to have me driving like that. I usually ask a person once they get in the car that if there was a race to come up if they would care if we went at it.

Users who are viewing this thread