ATTN: all relocation bracket users!

alex12gt

Established Member
Had an issue a few months back and now it seems like several other members are having issues with the rear axle being crooked so if you have relocation brackets could you please measure and see if you are having any issue 2 of us have been .5in toward the front on the drivers side.......please include

Bracket brand
Amount its off and toward what side or if its even
Any amount of drag passes

I had a good amount of drag passes on mine and a bent axle shaft but another member has less then 200 miles and 0 passes and how axle is .5in off

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
steeda
tack welded at first broke welds and was 1 3/8s" off center
fixed it and welded them every where they could be welded and boxed them in... after 20 or so passes spun the axle tube and bent passenger side axle and broke some other stuff
a>

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
steeda
tack welded at first broke welds and was 1 3/8s" off center
fixed it and welded them every where they could be welded and boxed them in... after 20 or so passes spun the axle tube and bent passenger side axle and broke some other stuff
a>

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
Someone show me a picture of exactly what you guys are measureing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

dbrford2003

Established Member
I am running BMR brackets (bolted) and I am perfectly aligned.

No drag launches though.

casper gt

Established Member
I have BMR brackets & 0 problems (knock on wood, lol).

I had about 180 +/- passes on them bolted only & 30 or so since they've been welded along with the tubes

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
How do I go about welding axle tubes and keeping this from happening?
I have BMR relocation brackets and plan on putting them on this weekend. I was just going to leave them bolted on but now I'm thinking I should weld them in.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member
How do I go about welding axle tubes and keeping this from happening?
I have BMR relocation brackets and plan on putting them on this weekend. I was just going to leave them bolted on but now I'm thinking I should weld them in.

the axle housing needs to be put in a jig so it is straight and true and stays that way while being welded... most mustang shops have them...

grabber blue gt

Established Member
Here are some pics to explain this a little better.

This is the drivers side. Notice how I can fit 3 fingers (yeah yeah ha ha ha) easily and there is still some space.
ythryt_zpsb15e99a8.jpg

Now this is the passenger side. Notice how I can barely get my 3 fingers perfectly flat. And yes it is the same exact spot on each side cause I used the upper screw on the mudflap as a guide point
photo-1_zpsc6d0d10c.jpg

Also this is how my wheel needs to be turned in order for my car to drive perfectly straight. I did notice a slight whine after installing the lca's and brackets but I figured it was just increased NVH. I am going to take them off now and test drive it and see if that disappears as well as if my wheel can be kept straight.

grtg_zpsc22cca00.jpg

grabber blue gt

Established Member
What should I do?....... Do I take them off and not use them (I am not an extreme drag racer, just a street car) or email BMR and request a new set or refund and get whitelines???

Ron Mexico

Deploying SVT Poster
Established Member
What should I do?....... Do I take them off and not use them (I am not an extreme drag racer, just a street car) or email BMR and request a new set or refund and get whitelines???

I'd take them off and measure. if you're straight w/o them, give bmr a call. beefobradycakes sells whitelines. they have the best packaging! like Tiffany's blue boxes for men.

BHARRIS

FoMoCo
Established Member

it dose not matter the brand, if i were you i would weld the brackets on... as long as your on the street with street tires or a set of mild drag radials you should be finel... to any one who takes their car to the drag strip and runs a sticky tire i recomend welding the tubes along with adding axle braces, trust me its cheap insurance

casper gt

Established Member
I'd take them off and measure. if you're straight w/o them, give bmr a call. beefobradycakes sells whitelines. they have the best packaging! like Tiffany's blue boxes for men.

you guys do know that whiteline relocation brackets are just knock off BMR's don't you?

if you don't, get ahold of both brands & look at them side by side, it will be very clear.

bad part is though that whiteline screwed everyone out of the aditional adjustment holes.

Users who are viewing this thread