Attention: AUTO cobra owners.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Post pics of your auto shifters. I know there is an old thread but can't find it. I had a 4r70 auto controlled with stock shifter. I've got a th400 and looking at my options. I'm not opposed to the plate that everyone uses just curious if anyone has other ideas? I'm currently looking at Precision performance shifters. Would like to mount to trans tunnel show how. If nothing else ill use the TCI Outlaw.

26374B34-91AB-4866-98A0-84F6C116052E_zpsjqepdior.jpg

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Nice. I wonder how well the Precision would fit that hole.

ThomasL

Established Member
says FORD. did it come from the factory wiith an auto? no, it did not...

By that logic, they should all be bone stock. Even appearance mods should not be done. Not a single mod. They have to stay exactly how Ford rolled em off the line. Is this for all cars or just Cobras? And did Ford do a press release where they explicitly said the Cobras should not have an auto? I missed that. Maybe they did one where they told their customers they aren't allowed to modify the Cobra? I didn't see that one either.

James Snover

The Ill-Advised Physics Amplification Co
Established Member
Premium Member
a cobra should not be an AUTO.

Well, one of the members of SVTP is a vet who lost part of his left leg. He converted his Cobra to an automatic. Is that ok with you, or do you want to tell him he can't do that?

Never let anyone else tell you what you can do with your own car.

Users who are viewing this thread