Attention: AUTO cobra owners.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
I like this idea but not sure how well the precision would like right there. Only one way to find out

Reverse manual vb it's really hard not to be precise. Just a bump back guess the hardest part is reaching forward under acceleration to bump it. pro ratchet is a great shifter
I can retain an almost stock look what I was going for

badcobra

It's Fast
Established Member
B&M Ratchet shifter with a RMVB. Impossible to miss a shift! I highly recommend relocating the shifter also, especially if you are taller. Now I can have my seat all the way back and never have to reach.

IMG_20140425_103557_zpspra8doyy.jpg

04whitesvtlight

the beast is almost mine
Established Member
My car is far from done but I have the tci outlaw shifter and where it will have to mount with the relocating console plates you will have to make a mount and either weld or bolt it onto the Trans tunnel then bolt the shifter onto the mount to get it level. It ends up being right on the corner of the Trans tunnel and the shifter won't simply bolt to the Trans tunnel. Just a heads up

Last edited:

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member
B&M Ratchet shifter with a RMVB. Impossible to miss a shift! I highly recommend relocating the shifter also, especially if you are taller. Now I can have my seat all the way back and never have to reach.

Good point about the height. I'm only 5' 10" seems to be comfortable for me. Feels like shifting the manual gearbox. I do like the location and I would do it just don't wanna cut my console up. I'd buy a spare to do that.

GhostRiderblk

GhostRider
Established Member

Good point about the height. I'm only 5' 10" seems to be comfortable for me. Feels like shifting the manual gearbox. I do like the location and I would do it just don't wanna cut my console up. I'd buy a spare to do that.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
Reverse manual vb it's really hard not to be precise. Just a bump back guess the hardest part is reaching forward under acceleration to bump it. pro ratchet is a great shifter
I can retain an almost stock look what I was going for
I'm talking about Precision Performance shifter. It will be mvb since its a th400 with Griner vb. I know the ratchet shifters work well I just personally don't like them.

sam92lx

SVTP Style Consultant.
Established Member
My car is far from done but I have the tci outlaw shifter and where it will have to mount with the relocating console plates you will have to make a mount and either weld or bolt it onto the Trans tunnel then bolt the shifter onto the mount to get it level. It ends up being right on the corner of the Trans tunnel and the shifter won't simply bolt to the Trans tunnel. Just a heads up

Yea I figured with its flat base I'd have to fab up something. Another reason I like the PP shifter mount.

DoomsDay

Slayer of Gods...
Established Member

Ive got the Shifter plates for 4V and a B&M Ratchet...for the life of me i CANNOT get the shifter down enough to clear the consol like you guys are without theback of the consol sticking up or whatever. That plate the runs down the right top part of the shifter that you have under the conversion plate, is literally above the console. I have removed the carpet but that didnt help enough. Any help would be appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread