Votes: 385 52.5%
  • Whipple

Votes: 168 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 50 6.8%

• Total voters

Banned
here is my question...

1. Does the whipple or KB need tuning after install? Or is it just the direct replacment of the stock eaton?

What is the cheapest way to get to 600 rwhp? Whipple or KB? (if I need anything else to reach 600rwhp in addition to a whipple or KB, list those please).

Thanks.

red 04

sick 04
Established Member
you do need tuning for either blower, even though theyare direct replacement. i would get the KB their costomer suport is not as good as it could be but thier products are very good. you can contact KB for things that you will need to get 600 hp as they provide almost all of it and they could suggest what else you will need. good luck

Squeeler92

IMHO, if you want to win a race, go with a Procharger. It definetly has the advantage over the twin screws. People say, "You don't start making HP until like 4500RPM!" Yea, but when racing, when are you EVER going lower than 4500RPM unless your racing from a dig? Also, when you ARE racing from a dig, the power isn't quite instantaneous which allows you to launch a little better. I would personally go with a Procharger or Vortech if they have a unit out. Only thing I've heard on this board is that Procharger's aren't the most sturdy units around....tho I've heard that they have gotten their sh*t together.

If you want to your balls plastered to the back of your seat, I would go with the KB or Whipple. Just seems that you have power on tap whenever. But they're running out of juice while the prochargers are just getting started.

Whichever one you prefer is the one you should get....in the end I think you'll be happy no matter which one you get. BTW, don't spend the extra $$$ on the 2.4L or the upcoming Whipple 3.3L unless you're looking to make huge HP with huge amounts of boost and all the supporting mods. It won't make a single bit of difference if you're not...

Devil Dog

TOYZ, yeah I got some.
Established Member
The KB and the Whipple are the same blower.

A centrifugal (Procharger, Vortech) will make more HP than a twin screw (KB, Whipple) or that POS Eaton you have now.

But if you are gonna go through the trouble of changing why don't you look at a turbo, it will destroy any blower.

red 04

sick 04
Established Member
Devil Dog said:
The KB and the Whipple are the same blower.

A centrifugal (Procharger, Vortech) will make more HP than a twin screw (KB, Whipple) or that POS Eaton you have now.

But if you are gonna go through the trouble of changing why don't you look at a turbo, it will destroy any blower.
you are a retard. turbos lag blowers kick ass. whipple is not the same. whipple is roots style and KB is twin screw.

Squeeler92

red 04 said:
you are a retard. turbos lag blowers kick ass. whipple is not the same. whipple is roots style and KB is twin screw.

Don't be so quick to jump on Turbos. The lag really isn't a concern with V8's. Sure, if you have a blower you will get a jump, but once that turbo spools....bye bye. And to my knowledge, the Whipple is a twin-screw....just a different type of twin screw compared to the KB....

Hye

Established Member
smakm2k4 said:
so no one can answer my question? (I may bump this thread forever)

read the first page, Dustin spills out everything you need with the Whipple with each pulley size.

96_slow4.6

my car is really slow
Established Member
hj16 said:
It depends....

If you want to keep the T56, IRS, 3.55s and a stock longblock....then get either the KB or the Whipple.

If you are plaiing to build up the motor, swap in an auto, a solid rear, 4.10s and a cog drive.... then get the Procharger.

Or....

If you enjoy crazy low-end - mid range power...get the KB or the Whipple.

If you desire only crazy top - end power then get the Procharger
i agree with this. i would personally get the ati just cuz i personally cant really stand the whinning of the roots style blowers. thats just me tho. good luck!

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
96_slow4.6 said:
i agree with this. i would personally get the ati just cuz i personally cant really stand the whinning of the roots style blowers. thats just me tho. good luck!
sounds like the KB or Whipple would be great for you then because neither are a roots blower. :burn:

Users who are viewing this thread