• Whipple

Votes: 168 22.9%
  • Other

Votes: 50 6.8%

• Total voters

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
I have on 03 Cobra with a Procharger p1sc2 with 14#s of boost making 625rwhp the other mods are mac long tubes, h pipe, magnaflow cat back, 60#injectors, dual focus pumps, 4.10 gear, accufab throttle body, Vortech aftercooler upgrade, IMO i love it on the 03 cobra with the irs rear you can leave with less boost and really hook nice, on the other hand if you switch to a solid rear axle you can leave at a higher level I have no times yet because I have a vert and wont let me run at our track without a 6point cage. I am going to be upgrading to 19#s soon and should be up towards 670plus i hope... I think its more personal preference than anything. Goodluck with your car !!!!

bobbywayne21

Established Member
JSTA46 said:
Well i finaly got a KB 2.2 I'm more than happy with it. Talk about pulling hard!

I read in your sig how are you running 17psi, I have to run 15 psi cause of Arizona only has 91, Just courious, cause I want to run 17 psi. I have all the mods you do even MAC L/T headers, any info on how you run 17 psi would be great... appreciated...thanks

BOTTLEFED393

Established Member
I have been procharged way and if you are wanting it to pull like a bitch on top go for it.But it dosen't pull like kb down low.good luck :rockon:

1nostycobra

Spitting Cobra Club
Established Member
Procharger

I just want to ask one question...If your driving around town alot, the procharger will give you better gas milage and less noise...If you go racing who launches at3k? I just ordered my solid axle for my cobra...The procharger can flow more air more efficiently due to the cooling systems you can add to it. Including methane injection or air to air. I just upgraded to a vortech aftercooler over the factory and I can tell a big difference.. just add ice then go! Last i looked I didnt see alot of champions running whipples or kbs in NMRA or FFW most run turbo nitrous or centrifs mostly procharger or vortech...I also run alot less boost which is nice too! Just wanted to hear some feed back. :pepper: :beer: :banana: :bowdown: :rolling: :bash: :read: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Bill L.

Established Member
i would run the kb 2.4 cause i dont see to many procharged cobras out there making 700ftlbs at 2500rpm, jay knotts i beleave is his name is running low 9's with a 2.2 with nitrous and a stroker in his terminator with a t56 and irs now tell me that aint some shit

modfox21

ATI I have had several prochargers and i have raced everything from k.b, eaton/juice,vortec and i will always stay with Procharger! The quality of the Blower is great. So my vote is for Procharger.

White 03

Established Member
Would it cost any more money to go with a pro c instead of a kb 2.4? with a pro c will there be more labor involved or more parts needed?

CobraJay

Established Member
What ever happened to Vortech? I always herd good things about them. Almost every 96-98 supercharged cobra has the Vortech in it. What do you guys say. Does it compete? :shrug:

codip426

Durrp
Established Member
I've heard that prochargers are more peaky but the KB and WC are very torquey. (I'm bad at spelling) But I would choose the whipplecharger because it looks very similar to the stock eaton blower and thus making the car very stealthy....until you start hearing the whine...... :burnout:

mike69440

Established Member
60 #/hr Injectors / your mileage

Zero260 said:
Guys with the 2.2, do you have to upgrade to 60lb injectors at 16psi? Did gas mileage take a dump on you?

yes on the 60's

Only if you open them up will you use the gas, Self control and good tune.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread