**** Around >>> Find Out

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I love how the opening clip shows how these douchebags ride on a two lane road where you can't pass...

If you're in a car and you're holding up traffic in a single lane you are obligated to move over if you can't stay with the speed limit. These bicyclist think that everyone has to just deal with them and they found out what happens when you purposely inconvenience someone. I'd be livid too if I was trying to enjoy a cruise but was stuck and unable to pass going 3mph as the bikes in front of you block the lane and struggle to get up the hill.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I used to love when I'd be on a motorcycle ride up in Estes Park/RMNP and tourist would stop in the middle of the road to take pictures of the rutting bull elk completely out of their mind in the middle of the road. Lol

I rode to Estes Park on my motorcycle a few times too…. Had a Colombian señorita that used to work at the YMCA there… One of the worse rides I had on a motorcycle was leaving Estes Park at like 1am, after an argument with the chick. It was the middle of winter and just about froze.

Good times!

ajaf1656

Established Member
If you're in a car and you're holding up traffic in a single lane you are obligated to move over if you can't stay with the speed limit. These bicyclist think that everyone has to just deal with them and they found out what happens when you purposely inconvenience someone. I'd be livid too if I was trying to enjoy a cruise but was stuck and unable to pass going 3mph as the bikes in front of you block the lane and struggle to get up the hill.
The fact that they ride bicycles on those roads in Colorado is idiotic. They're Tour de France LARPing is very annoying.
When I was a bicycle mechanic, I realized that the kind of people who take up torturing themselves on a bicycle as a hobby are guaranteed to treat other people no better than they treat themselves. These Lance Armstrong wannabes would come in to have a flat tire repaired. Most of the time, they'd demand the shop manager/head mechanic be the only one to work on their precious bike. If they permitted me to do it, they'd stand there, supervising me and giving me advice on how to do it. More than once, I walked behind the wall to the back shop and let loose a string of expletives knowing full well they could hear me. Then I'd walk back out to continue the job. Haha

ajaf1656

Established Member
I rode to Estes Park on my motorcycle a few times too…. Had a Colombian señorita that used to work at the YMCA there… One of the worse rides I had on a motorcycle was leaving Estes Park at like 1am, after an argument with the chick. It was the middle of winter and just about froze.

Good times!
I remember one of my first rides up to RMNP, it was June and there were 6' tall snowbanks along side of Trail Ridge and people skiing.
It was always hard to pick between dressing for 5,000' and 12,000' because you'd be miserable in one or the other.
My favorite day ride was Fort Colins to Loveland, up the Big Thompson Canyon to Estes, through RMNP to Granby, up to Walden then back to Fort Collins through the Poudre Canyon.
IMG_0015 2.jpeg
IMG_9032.jpeg

Nikon247.jpeg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I remember one of my first rides up to RMNP, it was June and there were 6' tall snowbanks along side of Trail Ridge and people skiing.
It was always hard to pick between dressing for 5,000' and 12,000' because you'd be miserable in one or the other.
My favorite day ride was Fort Colins to Loveland, up the Big Thompson Canyon to Estes, through RMNP to Granby, up to Walden then back to Fort Collins through the Poudre Canyon.
View attachment 1822465View attachment 1822466
View attachment 1822467

Great pics, man. Wish I would have some myself…. Back then, photos were taken with the disposable gas station Kodaks…. Lol. Camera phones were just starting to be a thing….

ajaf1656

Established Member
Great pics, man. Wish I would have some myself…. Back then, photos were taken with the disposable gas station Kodaks…. Lol. Camera phones were just starting to be a thing….
Those were taken with a Nikon. lol

phil a

Established Member
The fact that they ride bicycles on those roads in Colorado is idiotic. They're Tour de France LARPing is very annoying.
When I was a bicycle mechanic, I realized that the kind of people who take up torturing themselves on a bicycle as a hobby are guaranteed to treat other people no better than they treat themselves. These Lance Armstrong wannabes would come in to have a flat tire repaired. Most of the time, they'd demand the shop manager/head mechanic be the only one to work on their precious bike. If they permitted me to do it, they'd stand there, supervising me and giving me advice on how to do it. More than once, I walked behind the wall to the back shop and let loose a string of expletives knowing full well they could hear me. Then I'd walk back out to continue the job. Haha

I ride, up the steepest most painful stuff I can find. I like to suffer. It's good for me. I keep my ass as far to the right of the road as possible knowing how damn slow I'm going. However, when I'm driving my truck (with bike rack on the back) I also frequently slow down next to two-or three-wide bikers and let loose on them for being assholes making the rest of us hated by anyone driving a car. **** that.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Thought for sure she was going to break her arms. I broke my arm when I was 12 in a similar accident. Got blinded by the dirt being kicked up by the quad in front of me and I hit a little ditch that flung me over the front.

Best part of that was the Dr we found in town said that in order to reset the broken bone in my arm he was going to have to break the other one as well. Immediately after that he put my arm on the edge of the table and yanked it down snapping the other bone. I just remember saying "NO, NO, NO, NO... *snap*... ahhh, that feels so much better!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread