Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
Not good.

The Daily Caller
The Daily Caller

FollowView Profile

Army Qualification Test Scores Plummeted Further In 2022​

Micaela Burrow - 5h ago
ORZYSZ, POLAND - JULY 03: American soldiers hold a US national flag in front of armored vehicles during a training presentation by the NATO multinational battle group eFPon at the Orzysz training ground on July 03, 2022 in Orzysz, Poland. The multinational battlegroup here is one of eight such battalions that NATO has stationed in countries along its eastern flank, from the Baltic Sea to the Black Sea.
ORZYSZ, POLAND - JULY 03: American soldiers hold a US national flag in front of armored vehicles during a training presentation by the NATO multinational battle group eFPon at the Orzysz training ground on July 03, 2022 in Orzysz, Poland. The multinational battlegroup here is one of eight such battalions that NATO has stationed in countries along its eastern flank, from the Baltic Sea to the Black Sea.© (Photo by Omar Marques/Getty Images)

Army leaders have seen a 13% drop in qualification test scores from the most recent high school graduating class compared to pre-pandemic performances, Defense News reported.
Disqualification rates for potential recruits also shot up from between 30% and 40% to about 70% because of obesity, drug use and failing to meet academic standards, Lt. Gen. Maria Gervais, second in command for Army training, said at a conference Thursday, according to Defense News. The Army is projected to fall short of its recruiting goal for the year ending Sept. 30 by 25%.

Gervais, deputy commanding general of Army Training and Doctrine Command, said the Army has been in a “nosedive” since July 2021, but that the service may be seeing a steady revival, according to Defense News.
Preliminary data had previously showed that the COVID-19 pandemic in 2020 and 2021 lowered Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) scores by as much as 9%, Army Headquarters spokesman SFC Anthony Hewitt previously told the Daily Caller News Foundation.
Problems continued through 2022 as academic test scores for grade school students plummeted in 2022 to their lowest level since the 1990s, according to a recent study from the Education Department published Sept. 1.
The Army has resisted lowering educational standards, scrapping a plan to drop the high school education requirement in June. In July, the Army set up a 90-day pilot program to bring educational and physical fitness scores for potential recruits up to minimum standards that it plans to roll out on a wide scale if it sees success.
While all of the U.S. military services have seen a decline in recruiting, the Army has been hit the worst, NBC News reported. Potential recruits fall short of academic and health requirements, have histories of using illegal drugs or banned substances, and the public has little knowledge of the service, according to Defense News.
The Army slashed its total force size projections by 10,000 troops this year and up to 21,000 in 2023.
Army Secretary Christine Wormuth said at the same conference Tuesday that bad press has painted a disparaging picture of military service, according to Defense News. Reports of training deaths, climbing sexual assault and suicide rates and “woke” ideologies rampant in the military may make parents less likely to support military service for their children.
“There is some concern about what I would call psychological harms, there are parents who see headlines about suicide in the military or see headlines about sexual assault or harassment in the military,” said Wormuth, adding that media coverage of Army issues has made the service less attractive.

Although the service met active duty force size goals for 2021, it still suffered a decline in recruiting that was offset by better-than-expected retention rates, Gervais said, according to Defense News.
Overall attrition rates fell by roughly half between 2019 and 2021, Maj. Gen. John Kline said, according to Defense News.
Army Training and Doctrine Command did not immediately respond to the DCNF’s request for comment.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Our society has been declining for years. Everyone gets a trophy and lower standards to make people feel good is wreaking havoc. The unintelligent among us breed at a much higher rate, and everything is gay this and rap music that. This article does not surprise me one bit.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
This a new breed of men...most just not cut out for the Military. Long gone are the days of John Wayne and Clint Eastwood.

If you have not seen this movie, it's worth a watch, this boy was more man the most young men these days.

tyth.PNG

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
For 2 covid years teenage boy were parked in front of their computer game. Online classes were a joke. The good kids with 2 parents who cared pressed on and everybody else got left behind

The kids coming into my wife's 3rd grade class this year are so far behind it's ridiculous. She'll spend at least $2,000 or more on books alone this year trying to get them up to speed.

MG0h3

Established Member
School systems are nothing but woke training camps, the end product has flaws.
When the people running the military spend time on " proper pronoun training " the results are sad but predictable..

That just started. It takes a while to make a generation of retards.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
That just started. It takes a while to make a generation of retards.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

No, the coasts and metro's have been retard for a long time. It takes a while for it to seep into the countryside, which it has. Some knock down drag out school board fights around here this year as people realize what has been going on. The school boards have been hiding this woke shit for years from the general public.

MG0h3

Established Member
You guys are pointing the finger at the wrong problem.

All this woke shit started a couple years ago.

I’m in off site training with non LE and holy shit.

Now I know most of you hate LE, but the folks I work with have been through a secondary selection course. All smart, athletic, talented, etc.

I realize I’ve taken for granted the caliber of people I work with.

Out of the 8 people in my class, at least two are felons. 4 admitted to not paying outstanding traffic tickets that are still pending in different parts of the country (unrelated to felonies that had over 1yr sentences).

Shit you not. They get 80% on a 10 question quiz that we do as a group with the instructor confirming the correct answer.

Got my service weapon on me since I’m in a kill box (school). Didn’t realize the biggest threat is my classmates lol.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
woke recruitment videos ain't helping either...

“We sleep peacefully in our beds at night because Corporal Emma has two mothers.” - Sun Tzu

I SO agree, David! I woke up this morning to THIS piece of great news! Air Force cadets are instructed to NOT use the term "mom and dad" and only use words that include ALL possible genders. :mad:

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I SO agree, David! I woke up this morning to THIS piece of great news! Air Force cadets are instructed to NOT use the term "mom and dad" and only use words that include ALL possible genders. :mad:
Yeah if it was the Fox News article and you read the comments I was the “HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA”.

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I still wish I had joined the military after high school. I’m 34 and even though this stuff sucks to see it’s going to take real men to turn this around. Even after seeing this stuff happen in the military over the past several years, I regret not joining.

We have a duty and responsibility to persevere and not give up. I still encourage young men to join if they want to. Most can see through this BS. If it takes sitting though some BS PowerPoint presentation to defend this country so be it. We need to man up and do it and encourage our young men to do the same.

I guess at the end of the day, even if we do get invaded, thankfully men like me and most on this site are ready and willing to fight regardless of our military status.

mysticsvt

southernmustangandford
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
The older I get the more I see the bigger picture.

Hard times create strong men, strong men create good times, good times create weak men, and weak men create hard times

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
So instead of ( A-hole ) use ( A-holes ) ??

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
I grew up in a military family and served 22 years in the Army. I also recruited for the Army from 1999 to 2001 (was reassigned right before 9/11).

From what I seen back then and what I see now my opinion is these younger generations have no sense of service to country or patriotism. Even back then parents were like not my son or daughter. WTF? Why not? Now look at all these dumbasses kneeling during the national anthem! To me if you do that you deserve a beat down.

Then you have un-American Brittney Griner taking illegal substances into Russia and asking for America to help when she herself displays anti-American sentiments? F*(K that!!!

Call me old fashioned, but I still get goose bumps when I hear the national anthem and I feel a GREAT sense of pride in being an American. A lot of these kids now a days have no clue what it means to serve this country and what it means to be a member of the military and the great pride that is taken in that.

When you see the American flag you should "feel" something inside you (pride, loyalty, respect, honor, values, patriotic, etc.). I don't believe the majority of these younger generations feel that.

To those of my fellow Americans who feel the way I do you are my compatriot. Those of you who support kneeling during the national anthem and spreading anti-American sentiment "F" YOU!!!! GTFO!!!!

Last edited:

4.698gt

Established Member
I grew up in a military family and served 22 years in the Army. I also recruited for the Army from 1999 to 2001 (was reassigned right before 9/11).

From what I seen back then and what I see now my opinion is these younger generations have no sense of service to country or patriotism. Even back then parents were like not my son or daughter. WTF? Why not? Now look at all these dumbasses kneeling during the national anthem! To me if you do that you deserve a beat down.

Then you have un-American Brittney Griner taking illegal substances into Russia and asking for America to help when she herself displays anti-American sentiments? F*(K that!!!

Call me old fashioned, but I still get goose bumps when I hear the national anthem and I feel a GREAT sense of pride in being an American. A lot of these kids now a days have no clue what it means to serve this country and what it means to be a member of the military and the great pride that is taken in that.

When you see the American flag you should "feel" something inside you (pride, loyalty, respect, honor, values, patriotic, etc.). I don't believe the majority of these younger generations feel that.

To those of my fellow Americans who feel the way I do you are my compatriot. Those of you who support kneeling during the national anthem and spreading anti-American sentiment "F" YOU!!!! GTFO!!!!
I've never served and looking back, I should have but I agree with you, the national anthem should bring everyone goosebumps. I've had the honor of singing the national anthem at a work function and the pride felt upon completion was indescribable.

shurur

Established Member
You guys are pointing the finger at the wrong problem.

All this woke shit started a couple years ago.

I’m in off site training with non LE and holy shit.

Now I know most of you hate LE, but the folks I work with have been through a secondary selection course. All smart, athletic, talented, etc.

I realize I’ve taken for granted the caliber of people I work with.

Out of the 8 people in my class, at least two are felons. 4 admitted to not paying outstanding traffic tickets that are still pending in different parts of the country (unrelated to felonies that had over 1yr sentences).

Shit you not. They get 80% on a 10 question quiz that we do as a group with the instructor confirming the correct answer.

Got my service weapon on me since I’m in a kill box (school). Didn’t realize the biggest threat is my classmates lol.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Yet when I was in the military, Navy 78-84, many of the best in electronics school with me had a choice: prison or the military, and chose military service.

Not sure what the solution is..

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread