Arh first engine mod for 2013 gt na car?

Z25OH

WINGING IT
Established Member
Thanks for the responses. I know you guys love off road mid pipes. Unfortunately, I have to have cats on the car in my county. Any suggestions?

Steeda 3inch HFC X pipe, made by kooks, 200 cell count race cats....pure awesomeness

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
You guys just kill me with all your great mods. I have read many mod threads. I have a limited budget. My conclusion is the best bang for the buck on a '13 is long tubes and a tune. I really don't see the benefits in doing a CAI, throttle body or intake. I don't pushed it up above 5k rpm almost at all. Absolutely no interest in nitrous. Comments???

Just do what I did and go straight for the gold and make your first mod a supercharger. Nah I'm jk u said budget minded.

The cai is kinda a waste unless your supercharged bc that will increase boost by a pound or so with the Paxton anyways. I don't doubt it would make a couple ponies though at best.

Throttle body is a complete waste, no one buys those for the 5.0

Boss intake is gonna be a waste going by your driving description.

Best bang for your buck?

-o/r h or x pipe with aed tune. Total price $550 The difference between the h and x is only a couple hp. It's more about what sound you want from those 2.
-xpipe = more raspy and some go as far as saying more European like sound
-hpipe = more of a deeper muscle car sound

Now this would matter if you planned to get long tubes in the future of course. After much debate I decided against them myself due to issues with o2 sensors with little gain for the price/headache. Now don get me wrong bc I'm sure many would argue those and say its worth it but IMO it's not. If you plan to stay n/a then long tubes may be for you bc every hp counts.

I mean if you get long tubes you will need a new mid pipe anyways so now add that to the budget.

E85 like other said would be some good gains. You might double your gains if you toss that into the equation.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
that's a completely false statement, its dyno proven to add 30hp +with cai and decent tune. I picked up 33hp with the jlt plastic and lund tune.
and I don't have to wait till 6k to feel it......

I think that's more or less a marketing gimmick. Your tune is what gave you those numbers. You don't find it funny you need a tune to "take advantage" of your cai?

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member
Thanks for the responses. I know you guys love off road mid pipes. Unfortunately, I have to have cats on the car in my county. Any suggestions?

This is a more expensive approach, but you can get the kooks shorty headers and o/r x or h pipe. That way when you have to inspect you just have to take the o/r pipe off and put the cats back on. For people that need cats for inspection it's a good way to go. And once the kooks are on you can swap between o/r pipes and cats in less than an hour. I installed a set on another member's car and it was a smooth install

Last edited:

Nuar

Established Member
that's a completely false statement, its dyno proven to add 30hp +with cai and decent tune. I picked up 33hp with the jlt plastic and lund tune.
and I don't have to wait till 6k to feel it......

Yeah... Ok :)
Take your intake off and get the tune adjusted accordingly, see how much power you loose lol.

Users who are viewing this thread