Arh first engine mod for 2013 gt na car?

califsp

Established Member
You guys just kill me with all your great mods. I have read many mod threads. I have a limited budget. My conclusion is the best bang for the buck on a '13 is long tubes and a tune. I really don't see the benefits in doing a CAI, throttle body or intake. I don't pushed it up above 5k rpm almost at all. Absolutely no interest in nitrous. Comments???

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
you will get more from a cai-tune-x pipe, than long tubes and tune.
long tubes actually lose out on the bottom a little and start to make good power 5k and up.
jus sayin....

manolith

I Wanna go fast.
Established Member
If you don't go over 5k you are leaving almost all the great goodies that ford put on this motors on the table. This motors are meant to rev to make power. I say a tune and off road mid pipe are the best bang for the buck.

djclark

Established Member
I happen to like my arh headers. Nice sound and there was a nice bump in torque down low.

You guys just kill me with all your great mods. I have read many mod threads. I have a limited budget. My conclusion is the best bang for the buck on a '13 is long tubes and a tune. I really don't see the benefits in doing a CAI, throttle body or intake. I don't pushed it up above 5k rpm almost at all. Absolutely no interest in nitrous. Comments???

BDFabrizio

Registered Abuser
Established Member
I'm happy with mine. I installed a CAI, long tubes, off road X, and tune all at the same time. All together I paid $1500 with the tune and SCT xcal3

Nuar

Established Member
I like the long tubes... BUT
Before you install them, make sure to relocate the o2 sensor bungs.
the original location has guys burning out their their o2 sensors. (I lost a sensor once already)

CAI really has little to no benefit, its mainly for looks and sound. So save your money there for now.
Long tubes or an off road midpipe and a good tune (like AED) will be the most beneficial and the biggest bang for your buck.

gs462

Established Member
I put the ford racing tune on my car and it completely changed how the power is delivered. AND you keep your warranty. I also put gt5oo mufflers on for the sound no real gain but it sounds good.

Blazer707@TBR

Master Ford Tech
Authorized Vendor
I still think the top 4 things that ive done to my car in no particular order is...

AED tune
Long tubes
Aluminum driveshaft
E85

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
I like the long tubes... BUT
Before you install them, make sure to relocate the o2 sensor bungs.
the original location has guys burning out their their o2 sensors. (I lost a sensor once already)

CAI really has little to no benefit, its mainly for looks and sound. So save your money there for now.
Long tubes or an off road midpipe and a good tune (like AED) will be the most beneficial and the biggest bang for your buck.
that's a completely false statement, its dyno proven to add 30hp +with cai and decent tune. I picked up 33hp with the jlt plastic and lund tune.
and I don't have to wait till 6k to feel it......

Mustang4vSVT

4x4ing this mofo up!
Established Member
I would love long tubes in my car however a few years back I was sent to the state-ref in my cobra. EVERTHING had to be put back to stock. That would be a pain in the ass to get sent there with long tubes. Dont know how Texas is with smog laws. Cali blows.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
that's a completely false statement, its dyno proven to add 30hp +with cai and decent tune. I picked up 33hp with the jlt plastic and lund tune.
and I don't have to wait till 6k to feel it......

Judging from the videos on Lethal Performance's site your tune must be good for about 28hp...

D.T.R

Established Member
OP, not sure what threads you read, but the best bang for the buck is a midpipe and a tune. Headers provide very little gains, at least on a mostly stock car, and the same with the intake.

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
+1 for o/r midpipe and tune being your best bang for the buck on these cars.

No, in intake doesn't add any appreciable power. ~5 dyno hp is about all you'll get with one, but they do look pretty..

motor_zps5816b569.jpg

beefcake

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
These cars are definitely made to rev. They love rpm. Just about all 4v engines love to rev.

I personally love the sound of long tubes, and you will pick up power. Yes, you can pick up power with just a mid pipe as well, not as much, and not the sound.

What you want to do Is write our your goals with the car, and try to mod where your only doing things one time.

A tune will def wake the car up.

Let me know on the headers, we have the arh, sw, kooks, pypes, and mbrp, can help you out with a tune as well.

beef
513-478-1965

califsp

Established Member
Thanks for the responses. I know you guys love off road mid pipes. Unfortunately, I have to have cats on the car in my county. Any suggestions?

JUIC3D

Boost Junkie
Established Member
Thanks for the responses. I know you guys love off road mid pipes. Unfortunately, I have to have cats on the car in my county. Any suggestions?

Yep, break the law. lol

I lived in Abq for about 7 years and worked at Solid Technology for a couple years. It's very easy to pass a smog test if you know the right people. . .

I'm just sayin. . .

Users who are viewing this thread